Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji S7000

Fuji S7000

Paul

Looks good! I just bought an S5000, but will probably end up exchanging it for
a 7000, assuming the latter hits the shelves soon enough. I do like my 5000,
but this one has a 35-210 lens (as opposed to 37-370), a hot shoe, and 6
effective mp. Concerning the lens: First, the 35mm wide end means that with
the adaptor, you can get to 28mm. Second, the shorter range would indicate
probablt better performance.

Anyone know when they're hitting the shelves?

ajacobs2

Mine was released this week......Only getting three this shipment

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looks good! I just bought an S5000, but will probably end up exchanging

it for
> a 7000, assuming the latter hits the shelves soon enough. I do like my

5000,
> but this one has a 35-210 lens (as opposed to 37-370), a hot shoe, and 6
> effective mp. Concerning the lens: First, the 35mm wide end means that

with
> the adaptor, you can get to 28mm. Second, the shorter range would

indicate
> probablt better performance.
>
> Anyone know when they're hitting the shelves?

Bill

I have the S602, which the S7000 is replacing. They look almost identical. I
think the S7000 is far better than the S5000.........and worth extra cost.
The 6MP CCD alone is worth it. Mine is 3,2 MP and even though it can produce
a 6MP file by interpolation (as the S7000 will do a 12MP file)......I seldom
find it necessary to use it. Fuji inage quality is so good, and the color
reproduciton so accurate, that 3MP is very good...... I think you'll find
the S7000 to be a grat camera!
The only thing I would want is a distance indicator when in manual focus
mode. I was at Carlsbad Caverns a few months ago, and trying to manual focus
in near-darkness was very difficult.
Bill

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looks good! I just bought an S5000, but will probably end up exchanging

it for
> a 7000, assuming the latter hits the shelves soon enough. I do like my

5000,
> but this one has a 35-210 lens (as opposed to 37-370), a hot shoe, and 6
> effective mp. Concerning the lens: First, the 35mm wide end means that

with
> the adaptor, you can get to 28mm. Second, the shorter range would

indicate
> probablt better performance.
>
> Anyone know when they're hitting the shelves?

Paul

Bill:

Thanks for the reply. Glad you think Fuji's quality is good - one would wonder
about that having read some of the reviews.

Yes I definitely think it would be worth it to have a 7000, and hope they are
released soon enough I can trade up from my 5000 without having to play games
with the dealer.

Any benefit to the larger interpolated files other than the ability to make
larger prints?

Paul

Ron Hunter

Bill wrote:

> I have the S602, which the S7000 is replacing. They look almost identical. I
> think the S7000 is far better than the S5000.........and worth extra cost.
> The 6MP CCD alone is worth it. Mine is 3,2 MP and even though it can produce
> a 6MP file by interpolation (as the S7000 will do a 12MP file)......I seldom
> find it necessary to use it. Fuji inage quality is so good, and the color
> reproduciton so accurate, that 3MP is very good...... I think you'll find
> the S7000 to be a grat camera!
> The only thing I would want is a distance indicator when in manual focus
> mode. I was at Carlsbad Caverns a few months ago, and trying to manual focus
> in near-darkness was very difficult.
> Bill

Autofocus in such conditions is even more difficult. Not exactly ideal
conditions for taking pictures.