Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Extacting the data from Oracle and writing in an Excel sheet

Extacting the data from Oracle and writing in an Excel sheet

Mzkhan

Hi ,
Here is the situation:
I am creating a web page from a perl script.. this web page has
checkboxes which are from an oracle table - From this page I am
creating sql query and passing the param to a cgi file - I verified
the SQL statement and it is correct -- now here is my problem - I am
trying to write the data extracted from the table and writing it to an
excel sheet.
The SQL query is like :
SELECT $cols from Table
here the $cols is atleast one and could be more....(depending on the
selection made on the html page

I am using the following:

while ( @name = $sth->fetchrow_array() ) {
$worksheet->write($row,$col++, $name[0]);
$row++;
}
Could someone help me with this - and also would appreciate if you
guys can comment on the design of it- what could be more efficent way
to do it ..;.
Perl beginner