Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Lens adaptor/mount for Pentax Optio S

Lens adaptor/mount for Pentax Optio S

Julien G.

Hi,

new here.. I have a Pentax Optio S and would like to adapt wide angle
lenses (Kinko) to it (despite its small size). I know Tiffen or CKC
power make custom adaptor for small digital camera using the tripod
bottom screw (eg. the s100 adaptor from CKC power). Does anyone know
about such an adaptor for the optio S?

All the best,

Julien

EktarEd

"Julien G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> new here.. I have a Pentax Optio S and would like to adapt wide angle
> lenses (Kinko) to it (despite its small size). I know Tiffen or CKC
> power make custom adaptor for small digital camera using the tripod
> bottom screw (eg. the s100 adaptor from CKC power). Does anyone know
> about such an adaptor for the optio S?
>
> All the best,
>
> Julien

First let me say that I think this would be a disaster. I am at a loss as to how
the camera could focus with say even the smallest of Kenko WA lens accessories
on the front of the Optio-S. IMHO it would only be a matter of time more than
likely seconds before something failed in the camera body. The Optio-S I believe
uses a complex system where the lens retracts and drops down to maintain such a
small size.

Good luck !