Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HP Deskjet 930C good?

HP Deskjet 930C good?

eug k

hi,

How does the Deskjet 930C compare with today's printers, like the HP
Photosmart 7150 (which seems pretty cheap)? Running costs and print
quality for photos?

thanks!

--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) is a valid email address. Don't remove anything!

Jim Townsend

eug k wrote:

> hi,
>
> How does the Deskjet 930C compare with today's printers, like the HP
> Photosmart 7150 (which seems pretty cheap)? Running costs and print
> quality for photos?

It's adequate.. I've got newer but similar 952C.. Not the best, but lately I
get most of my stuff developed on real photopaper. The printer is just there
if I want results instantly.

If you haven't priced Ink cartridges yet, you should. You'll find they cost an
arm and a leg.

Ngiam TW

I am still using one till I set up my Epson 2100 today.

930C is good enough for your day to day prints. In fact, some of my friends
were amazed at the vivid colours that were produced from it! One of the
trick is to go to Properties and set the Saturation by one click to the
vibrant.

I used it for the last two years till one of the moving ribs broke because
the photo paper that I was using was too thick. Now the printer can't do
auto print more than one page. The moving ribs was to "throw" the printed
copy onto the tray.

Still it is good enough that I had originally planned to buy a used 930C
till I came across the used Epson 2100......

news:blrkt3$eeb$(E-Mail Removed)...