Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Images just disappeared from compact flash card?

Images just disappeared from compact flash card?

Pat

x-no-archive:yes

I have a Canon G2 digital camera that uses a compact flash card. I took
several photos yesterday and then put my camera in its bag and brought it
home. When I tried to download the photos to the computer today, the
software stated there were no images on the card! And yet, the camera's
counter tells me there is only room for 3 more photos. So, I put the compact
flash card in my Siig reader and it says the same thing: no images on the
card.

Since the camera reports there are but 3 shots left on the card, I think I
have the images but no way to access them. Has this happened to anyone else?
Can anyone tell me what to do next?

thanks,

Pat

Fred Ziffel

Can you review the photos on the camera?

N36J

Yes, I have had the same problem; but repeated attempts have always been
successful. A further suggestion, with the CF card in the card reader,
reboot your system. You may have more luck reading the CF card in the card
reader after you've booted up.

Clif

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blqgss$f4mfg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> x-no-archive:yes
>
> I have a Canon G2 digital camera that uses a compact flash card. I took
> several photos yesterday and then put my camera in its bag and brought it
> home. When I tried to download the photos to the computer today, the
> software stated there were no images on the card! And yet, the camera's
> counter tells me there is only room for 3 more photos. So, I put the

compact
> flash card in my Siig reader and it says the same thing: no images on the
> card.
>
> Since the camera reports there are but 3 shots left on the card, I think I
> have the images but no way to access them. Has this happened to anyone

else?
> Can anyone tell me what to do next?
>
> thanks,
>
> Pat

tim sewell

Hi, Pat.

Since your computer OS recognizes the card, you may have success with
different software.

I am a fervent fan of PC Inspector File Recovery, freeware downloadable from
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

That recovered images from a re-formatted CF card for me.

HTH

Lionel

Word has it that on Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:57:36 -0500, in this august
forum, "Fred Ziffel" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>Can you review the photos on the camera?

Hi Fred, I didn't know you read RPD. How's things?

Pat

x-no-archive:yes

"Fred Ziffel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you review the photos on the camera?

No, I cannot. It just says "No images." Now, however, I am having problems
just getting the computer to recognize the camera OR the Siig compact flash
reader. Either it doesn't find either one or it locks up my computer (Win
XP). sigh.

Pat

Pat

x-no-archive:yes

> Hi, Pat.
>
> Since your computer OS recognizes the card, you may have success with
> different software.
>
> I am a fervent fan of PC Inspector File Recovery, freeware downloadable

from
> http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm
>
> That recovered images from a re-formatted CF card for me.
>
> HTH

I did get the PC Inspector File Recovery program. At first, it wouldn't
find the Siig card reader, but it finally did after many tries. I have
saved everything it found to a desktop folder. I was happy to see that 3/4
of the files are fine. That is better than "no images" which was what I got
before using the program. Thanks for your recommendation.

Pat