Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus C50

Olympus C50

Wingman

I've got an opportunity to pick up a new 5 megapixel Olympus C50 for $400. I
know that camera has been around at least a year. I'm wondering if I should
go for it- or maybe get newer technology like the Canon S50.

I know the Canon has more extensive manual exposure control- but the Olympus
has enough for my needs.

Any thoughts?

Wingman

Tom

I just bought the camera in St.Thomas USVI and I'm thinking it would
have been safer to buy it on the Mainland. For a lousy $60 I'm risking
a warranty nightmare. It's a good camera and I have had no problems
with it. Pictures come out good and it's easy to use. However I'm kind
of sorry I didn't get the Canon. All the sites I've gone to said the
Canon is better. I read somewhere that the C50 can't take a memory
card that is 256mb or higher. I'd like someone to verify that for
me?!?!

"Wingman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<XWjfb.17948$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net>...
> I've got an opportunity to pick up a new 5 megapixel Olympus C50 for $400. I
> know that camera has been around at least a year. I'm wondering if I should
> go for it- or maybe get newer technology like the Canon S50.
>
> I know the Canon has more extensive manual exposure control- but the Olympus
> has enough for my needs.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Wingman

Constantinople

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Tom) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I just bought the camera in St.Thomas USVI and I'm thinking it would
> have been safer to buy it on the Mainland. For a lousy $60 I'm risking
> a warranty nightmare. It's a good camera and I have had no problems
> with it. Pictures come out good and it's easy to use. However I'm kind
> of sorry I didn't get the Canon. All the sites I've gone to said the
> Canon is better. I read somewhere that the C50 can't take a memory
> card that is 256mb or higher. I'd like someone to verify that for
> me?!?!

It can take up to and including a 256 mb card. It may require an upgrade to
take a 512 mb card.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/popup_xd.asp

Maybe the more recently sold c50s already have the firmware upgraded. I
couldn't say.

Olympus C50 Louise Digital Photography 0 08-15-2004 02:50 PM
Olympus C50 & Email Joe Digital Photography 4 09-06-2003 02:53 PM
Olympus 5.0 C50 Question? Joe Digital Photography 3 08-29-2003 06:35 PM
Help! Error message d: 1E12 in Olympus C50 zoom! How can i fix it??? robert Digital Photography 0 08-13-2003 10:34 AM
Re: Help please on an Olympus C50 Ron Olsen Digital Photography 2 08-07-2003 06:04 PM

Advertisments