Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT - OE filter help

OT - OE filter help

BLueCoBra

I set up a filter yesterday for the lovely posts we've been getting lately.
Downloaded today's headers and still saw some subject lines with words that
I know I included in the filter. Could somebody give me a little help here?
Some of the words were spelled differently but the others were the same as
the ones I entered into the filter. How do you enter multiple words into a
filter for OE? Do you need to separate them with a semicolon or something
similar or will a <space> suffice?
TIA for the help.
--
BLueCoBra

-- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

Steve Young

>"BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote
> I set up a filter yesterday for the lovely posts we've been getting lately.
> Downloaded today's headers and still saw some subject lines with words
> that
> I know I included in the filter. Could somebody give me a little help here?
> Some of the words were spelled differently but the others were the same as
> the ones I entered into the filter. How do you enter multiple words into a
> filter for OE? Do you need to separate them with a semicolon or something
> similar or will a <space> suffice?
> TIA for the help.

> -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

If you were reloading, I don't think you'd give a **** about filters

Paul Bartram

"BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote

> I set up a filter yesterday for the lovely posts we've been getting

lately.
> Downloaded today's headers and still saw some subject lines with words

that
> I know I included in the filter. Could somebody give me a little help

here?
> Some of the words were spelled differently but the others were the same as
> the ones I entered into the filter. How do you enter multiple words into a
> filter for OE? Do you need to separate them with a semicolon or something
> similar or will a <space> suffice?

It's automatic. With any of that garbage open, go: Message > Create rule
from message > check only "Where the subject line contains specific words" >
click "contains specific words" > add a word, click "add" THEN ADD ANOTHER
WORD. Each time you click "add" the rule will show "or xxx". This way you
can have as many words in the filter as you like. This means you don't need
a separate rule for every word, and you can compact previous rules you've
constructed.

As for it not working, it has to find an exact match for a word before it
executes your request - a different spelling, or a space within the word,
will invalidate it. This moron obviously knows this and is playing with us
by circumventing the previous rules everyone has added. Blocking the domain,
or crossposted messages, is probably better, but I can't see how to do that
in OE6.

Probably better to just wait until this genetic mistake reaches puberty...

Paul

mark_digital

"Paul Bartram" <p.bartramAT OR NEARoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:3f7bc483$0$28121$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Probably better to just wait until this genetic mistake reaches puberty...
>
> Paul

Or his D60 comes back from the shop.
Mark_

BLueCoBra

"Steve Young" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsjPeb.166669$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >"BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote
> > I set up a filter yesterday for the lovely posts we've been getting

lately.
> > Downloaded today's headers and still saw some subject lines with words
> > that
> > I know I included in the filter. Could somebody give me a little help

here?
> > Some of the words were spelled differently but the others were the same

as
> > the ones I entered into the filter. How do you enter multiple words into

> > filter for OE? Do you need to separate them with a semicolon or

something
> > similar or will a <space> suffice?
> > TIA for the help.

> > -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

> If you were reloading, I don't think you'd give a **** about filters

A person can only do so much in one day....

Steve Young

> > >"BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote
> > > I set up a filter yesterday for the lovely posts we've been getting

> lately.
> > > Downloaded today's headers and still saw some subject lines with words
> > > that
> > > I know I included in the filter. Could somebody give me a little help

> here?
> > > Some of the words were spelled differently but the others were the same

> as
> > > the ones I entered into the filter. How do you enter multiple words into

> > > filter for OE? Do you need to separate them with a semicolon or

> something
> > > similar or will a <space> suffice?
> > > TIA for the help.

> > > -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

> > "Steve Young" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > If you were reloading, I don't think you'd give a **** about filters

> "BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote
> A person can only do so much in one day....

Thanks for understanding
yesterday *was* a verrry lonnng day

My apology for firing a cheap shot when you were asking for honest help

Steve Young