Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Newsreader

Newsreader

mz

This is an excellent newsreader it used to be about $30 but now the company
is out of business so they made it freeware. Has an excellent set of
filters and rules and you can't beat the price. It is called Microplanet
Gravity
http://cws.internet.com/news-gravity.html

The person who wrote much of the code also made an updated beta version of
it.
http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/

It did not seem to work as well on my windows xp machine but some folks have
reported excellent results with it. It had some of the best filters I have
used. I switched to Forte Agent due to the xp problems. It worked great on
my Win 98 machine. Might be helpful to some.

A lurker and occasional poster.

Randall Ainsworth

The best one out there for PCs is Agent.

Brad

In article <021020030646336522%(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said...
> The best one out there for PCs is Agent.

I've been using Gravity for about eight years now. I have tried Agent a
number of times just never found it to be better at anything.

MarkH

Randall Ainsworth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:021020030646336522%(E-Mail Removed):

> The best one out there for PCs is Agent.

Tried it, hated it.

Iíll stick to XNews thanks.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)