Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Digital Rebel, question about focus points

Canon Digital Rebel, question about focus points

Plug

When I half-press the shutter the red dots flash once to indicate
which points have focus even though i still have focus and am still
half-pressing the shutter. This makes it very difficult to see which
points have focus, especially in A-Dep mode.
On the film-based rebel, the green rectangles would fill in and stay
filled. The digital rebel manual and on-line reviews say that the
focus point leds illuminate - which makes me think they should stay
illuminated rather than blink once briefly. Can any other users
confirm what they experience?

Thanks in advance,
Plug.

Charles Schuler

"Plug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> When I half-press the shutter the red dots flash once to indicate
> which points have focus even though i still have focus and am still
> half-pressing the shutter. This makes it very difficult to see which
> points have focus, especially in A-Dep mode.
> On the film-based rebel, the green rectangles would fill in and stay
> filled. The digital rebel manual and on-line reviews say that the
> focus point leds illuminate - which makes me think they should stay
> illuminated rather than blink once briefly. Can any other users
> confirm what they experience?

I confirm your observation. Also, try releasing and half-pressing several
times and you should notice that the focus points sometimes change. I have
been using this when not wanting to change modes and seeking a different set
of points (it doesn't always work exactly as one wants but it is quick and
easy to try).

Randall Ainsworth

> I confirm your observation. Also, try releasing and half-pressing several
> times and you should notice that the focus points sometimes change. I have
> been using this when not wanting to change modes and seeking a different set
> of points (it doesn't always work exactly as one wants but it is quick and
> easy to try).

If you can set it to use just one point, you'll be better off.