Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Multiple bcc recipients

Multiple bcc recipients

Erica

This has been hanging over my head for months, so I hope it's not
something silly.

I've created a Perl script where I have to send an email with multiple
bcc's via sendmail. If I have one bcc recipient the script works, but
with more than one no messages get sent to any of the bcc recipients
though the message gets to the real recipient just fine. Also, if I
copy and paste the same headers into sendmail run from the command
line that I created with the script, that works fine too.

Here's the salient part of the script:

$sendmail = 'path_to_sendmail/sendmail'
$bcc = 'Bcc: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed)';
$email = $debug ? $debug_email : $hash{'eMail'};
$from = '(E-Mail Removed)';
$subject = 'You and your poodle';
$text = 'blah blah blah';
open MAIL, "|$sendmail $email"
or die "Unable to start sendmail:$!\n";
print MAIL "From: $from\nBcc:$bcc\nSubject:$subject\n$text";
close MAIL;

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Erica

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Erica wrote:
> I've created a Perl script where I have to send an email with
> multiple bcc's via sendmail. If I have one bcc recipient the script
> works, but with more than one no messages get sent to any of the
> bcc recipients though the message gets to the real recipient just
> fine.

<snip>

> $bcc = 'Bcc: (E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed)';

<snip>

> print MAIL "From: $from\nBcc:$bcc\nSubject:$subject\n$text";

You seem to sending:

Bcc: Bcc: (E-Mail Removed), etc.

and 'Bcc: (E-Mail Removed)' is problably not a valid address.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson