Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuzzy pictures on digital cameras

Fuzzy pictures on digital cameras

Frankhartx

>From: "Tal Lavi" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>Whenever I try to shoot a picture in light conditions which are below
>average, a signal apeears on the screen, telling me that the exposure time
>will be long, and the picutre could get fuzzy, as a result of my, or the
>photographed object's, tremblings.

The same is true with all cameras film or digital--long exposures will not
tolerate movement of camera or subject--the camera must be on a tripod and the
subject immobile for the duration of the exposure.>

The situation can be fixed by activating the flash, but then, the resulting
>image is sharp, but with incorect colors!

Usually a bit of color imbalance can be corrected with your editing software-no
big deal I am not familiar with this camera but your settings may not be
correct for flash--check your manual.

Marli

You could up the ISO. You are probably on auto ISO and the camera will be
upping it anyway. If there is not enough light there is not much else you
can do. Use a flash or use a tripod.

"Tal Lavi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear group,
>
> I'm a new digital camera user, and I don't know much about the subject.
>
> I recently bought my first digital camera, Fuji FinePix 2650, and I have a
> not-so-small-problem with it.
>
> Whenever I try to shoot a picture in light conditions which are below
> average, a signal apeears on the screen, telling me that the exposure time
> will be long, and the picutre could get fuzzy, as a result of my, or the
> photographed object's, tremblings.
>
> The situation can be fixed by activating the flash, but then, the

resulting
> image is sharp, but with incorect colors!
>
> Isn't there a way to shoot in unlit locations without flash, but still

keep
> the exposure time short, and the image bright and sharp??
>
> Mind you, that when shooting and very lit locations, and outside, the
> pictures are very sharp and colorful, and overall the camera's

capabilities
> are more than adequate!
>
> As I see it, this problem is universal to all home-use digital cameras,

but
> there must be a way to over-come it! overwise, I can't see why digital
> camera's became so popular!
>
> I'd apreciate a senceire advice,
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tal

Tal Lavi

[...]

Tony Whitaker

"Tal Lavi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> As I see it, this problem is universal to all home-use digital cameras,
> but there must be a way to over-come it! overwise, I can't see why
> digital camera's became so popular!

If you were using a film camera, you'd attempt to overcome this problem by
using a faster film. This, of course, would result in grainer pictures.

Many digicams have the ability to increase the ISO setting much like you
would with film but with the advantage that you can change your ISO setting
without changing your roll of film.

Unfortunately for you, the camera you selected does not have this
capability. It is set to ISO 100 period.

It's not as bad as it sounds, though, because, if the light level is so low
that you need to increase the film speed, you'll usually get better
pictures with a flash anyways - either with film or with digital. I don't
know why you're getting poor color with your flash.

--
To email me, type my 1st name before my last.

Steve B

If your flash pictures have a blue cast (common) and it's not correctable
with your white balance controls then the answer is to stick a pale
yellow/tan transparent film over the flash lens to compensate. I've done
this with my 3 year old Casio QV3000 using transparent inkjet labels with a
suitable colour printed on it and covered with a clear label for protection
and now get perfect colours using flash. I see that some digicams and
ordinary film cameras often have a yellowish colour flash lens as standard.

"Tal Lavi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear group,
>
> I'm a new digital camera user, and I don't know much about the subject.
>
> I recently bought my first digital camera, Fuji FinePix 2650, and I have a
> not-so-small-problem with it.
>
> Whenever I try to shoot a picture in light conditions which are below
> average, a signal apeears on the screen, telling me that the exposure time
> will be long, and the picutre could get fuzzy, as a result of my, or the
> photographed object's, tremblings.
>
> The situation can be fixed by activating the flash, but then, the

resulting
> image is sharp, but with incorect colors!
>
> Isn't there a way to shoot in unlit locations without flash, but still

keep
> the exposure time short, and the image bright and sharp??
>
> Mind you, that when shooting and very lit locations, and outside, the
> pictures are very sharp and colorful, and overall the camera's

capabilities
> are more than adequate!
>
> As I see it, this problem is universal to all home-use digital cameras,

but
> there must be a way to over-come it! overwise, I can't see why digital
> camera's became so popular!
>
> I'd apreciate a senceire advice,
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tal

Cool Hand

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:49:23 +0200, "Tal Lavi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

=>Dear group,
=>
=>I'm a new digital camera user, and I don't know much about the subject.
=>
=>I recently bought my first digital camera, Fuji FinePix 2650, and I have a
=>not-so-small-problem with it.
=>
=>Whenever I try to shoot a picture in light conditions which are below
=>average, a signal apeears on the screen, telling me that the exposure time
=>will be long, and the picutre could get fuzzy, as a result of my, or the
=>photographed object's, tremblings.
=>
=>The situation can be fixed by activating the flash, but then, the resulting
=>image is sharp, but with incorect colors!
=>
=>Isn't there a way to shoot in unlit locations without flash, but still keep
=>the exposure time short, and the image bright and sharp??

Light or reflected aluminum board? Need helper(s).
Faster Lens -> not cheap
Tripod -> still longer exposure time.

=>
=>Mind you, that when shooting and very lit locations, and outside, the
=>pictures are very sharp and colorful, and overall the camera's capabilities
=>are more than adequate!
=>
=>As I see it, this problem is universal to all home-use digital cameras, but
=>there must be a way to over-come it! overwise, I can't see why digital
=>camera's became so popular!
=>
=>I'd apreciate a senceire advice,
=>
=>Thanks in advance,
=>
=> Tal
=>

---
We (all things) are made of Atoms.
http://home.earthlink.net/~rachel1689/

Chris McBrien

"Tal Lavi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Dear group,
>
> I'm a new digital camera user, and I don't know much about the subject.
>
> I recently bought my first digital camera, Fuji FinePix 2650, and I have a
> not-so-small-problem with it.
>
> Whenever I try to shoot a picture in light conditions which are below
> average, a signal apeears on the screen, telling me that the exposure time
> will be long, and the picutre could get fuzzy, as a result of my, or the
> photographed object's, tremblings.
>
> The situation can be fixed by activating the flash, but then, the resulting
> image is sharp, but with incorect colors!
>
> Isn't there a way to shoot in unlit locations without flash, but still keep
> the exposure time short, and the image bright and sharp??
>
> Mind you, that when shooting and very lit locations, and outside, the
> pictures are very sharp and colorful, and overall the camera's capabilities
> are more than adequate!
>
> As I see it, this problem is universal to all home-use digital cameras, but
> there must be a way to over-come it! overwise, I can't see why digital
> camera's became so popular!
>
> I'd apreciate a senceire advice,
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tal

Tal,
in low light conditions that need longer exposure times a TRIPOD
is a good investment. That is one thing I've really noticed when using
a digital camera. Having said that if I go back and look at some old
film shots that were taken in low light it is possible to see the blur
on them too.

Chris.

Todd Walker

> Isn't there a way to shoot in unlit locations without flash, but still keep
> the exposure time short, and the image bright and sharp??

Umm...no. It is against the laws of physics. A certain amount of light
has to be let into the lens in order for the picture to be exposed
correctly. The lower the light levels, the longer the shutter has to be
open, assuming the same aperture setting. There really is no way around
it.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

Ray Fischer

Tal Lavi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Dear group,
>
>I'm a new digital camera user, and I don't know much about the subject.
>
>I recently bought my first digital camera, Fuji FinePix 2650, and I have a
>not-so-small-problem with it.

Nice little camera. Got one myself a while back.

>Whenever I try to shoot a picture in light conditions which are below
>average, a signal apeears on the screen, telling me that the exposure time
>will be long, and the picutre could get fuzzy, as a result of my, or the
>photographed object's, tremblings.

Yup. Low light means the shutter has to stay open longer to gather
enough light.

>The situation can be fixed by activating the flash, but then, the resulting
>image is sharp, but with incorect colors!

They shouldn't be incorrect. Maybe a little more contrast and a tad
bluer.

>Isn't there a way to shoot in unlit locations without flash, but still keep
>the exposure time short, and the image bright and sharp??

Nope. Not with that camera. It has no way to adjust the ISO setting
or the aperture. Use a tripod to hold the camera steady.

>As I see it, this problem is universal to all home-use digital cameras,

It is universal to ALL cameras, film or digital, home-use or
professional. When it gets too dark then the shutter speed gets long.

> but
>there must be a way to over-come it! overwise, I can't see why digital
>camera's became so popular!

They're popular because you get to see the result right away.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)