Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Digital Rebel and Vivitar 2800 Strobe

Reply
Thread Tools

Canon Digital Rebel and Vivitar 2800 Strobe

 
 
Mike Adams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2003
I have a vivitar 2800 strobe and I am wondering if it is safe to use
with my new canon digital rebel. I checked the voltage across the pins
on the stobe and it was about 155V. I think that Canon Specifies 6V
for the 300D but I am not sure. The manual only mentions Canon
SpeedLite Stobes.

It seems to me this will damage my new camera. Can anyone confirm/deny
this?

Also what settings would I use to get the proper sync speed and
aperture etc?

thanks

Mike Adams
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Adams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2003
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mike Adams) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I have a vivitar 2800 strobe and I am wondering if it is safe to use
> with my new canon digital rebel. I checked the voltage across the pins
> on the stobe and it was about 155V. I think that Canon Specifies 6V
> for the 300D but I am not sure. The manual only mentions Canon
> SpeedLite Stobes.
>
> It seems to me this will damage my new camera. Can anyone confirm/deny
> this?
>
> Also what settings would I use to get the proper sync speed and
> aperture etc?
>
> thanks
>
> Mike Adams


Just giving my question a bump up to see if it gets a response

thanks
Mike Adams
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
George Kerby
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2003
On 10/4/03 7:28 PM, in article
(E-Mail Removed), "Mike Adams"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Mike Adams) wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
>> I have a vivitar 2800 strobe and I am wondering if it is safe to use
>> with my new canon digital rebel. I checked the voltage across the pins
>> on the stobe and it was about 155V. I think that Canon Specifies 6V
>> for the 300D but I am not sure. The manual only mentions Canon
>> SpeedLite Stobes.
>>
>> It seems to me this will damage my new camera. Can anyone confirm/deny
>> this?
>>
>> Also what settings would I use to get the proper sync speed and
>> aperture etc?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Mike Adams

>
> Just giving my question a bump up to see if it gets a response
>
> thanks
> Mike Adams

I would not trust anyone here with an issue that would do harm to my camera
if I were you. Best to consult Canon or an authorized Canon repair facility.
Look in the Yellow Pages. Info here is generally pretty much useless. My .02
= Go with what Canon tells you. Those are made for your camera and will be
less hassle.


__________________________________________________ _____________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

 
Reply With Quote
 
CSM1
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2003
"George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BBA59B75.1B6D0%(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 10/4/03 7:28 PM, in article
> (E-Mail Removed), "Mike Adams"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) (Mike Adams) wrote in message
> > news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> >> I have a vivitar 2800 strobe and I am wondering if it is safe to use
> >> with my new canon digital rebel. I checked the voltage across the pins
> >> on the stobe and it was about 155V. I think that Canon Specifies 6V
> >> for the 300D but I am not sure. The manual only mentions Canon
> >> SpeedLite Stobes.
> >>
> >> It seems to me this will damage my new camera. Can anyone confirm/deny
> >> this?
> >>
> >> Also what settings would I use to get the proper sync speed and
> >> aperture etc?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>
> >> Mike Adams

> >
> > Just giving my question a bump up to see if it gets a response
> >
> > thanks
> > Mike Adams

<snip>
>

If the voltage with a fully charged flash is more than about 24 volts, I
would be afraid to connect it to my digital camera.

Safe Sync:
http://www.central-camera.com/flash/slaves/safesync.htm

Strobe Trigger Voltages:
http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
--


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bounce flash Canon A85 - Vivitar 2800 question Alain Caillet Digital Photography 0 12-19-2004 08:18 PM
Using a Vivitar 285hv with a Digital Rebel... nonamegiven Digital Photography 2 01-19-2004 10:38 PM
Canon Rebel 2000 (aka EOS 300) and Digital Rebel Lens Compatibility BPO Digital Photography 12 01-09-2004 06:12 AM
VIVITAR 2800 FALSH AND CANON 300D AT Digital Photography 3 12-30-2003 05:49 AM
Safely connect Canon Digital Rebel to a strobe? SZ Digital Photography 2 12-19-2003 05:23 PM



Advertisments