Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > PANASONIC LUMIX DMC FZ1

PANASONIC LUMIX DMC FZ1

Hans-Georg Michna

Barry Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>An FZ2 for me please

Barry,

make that an FZ10 with 4 Megapixels. Somebody just wrote it's
been announced.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

NJ

Hans-Georg Michna wrote in rec.photo.digital:

>>An FZ2 for me please

> Barry,
>
> make that an FZ10 with 4 Megapixels. Somebody just wrote it's
> been announced.

Yep, that was me. Everyone can contribute to my "buy NJ a FZ10 fund"!

John Bean

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 02:13:18 +0100, Barry Smith
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In message <(E-Mail Removed)>
> John Bean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 04:31:37 +0100, Barry Smith
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >Hi John. Are you in the UK ? (Not Waterfoot near Rossendale by any chance?)

>> Indeed.

>Ah well. I guess someone has to live there

Yes, well any port in a storm. As an immigrant from the other side of
the Pennines I find the whole of Lancashire a little odd. Waterfoot is
perhaps a little odder than the rest - that's why I like it

--
Regards

John Bean

John Bean

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 02:19:29 +0100, Barry Smith
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In message <Xns9407A1F9AD3A1ontherhodehotmailcom@199.171.54.2 13>
> NJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Norman wrote in rec.photo.digital:
>>
>> > I am looking at buying a PANASONIC LUMIX DMC FZ1 digital camera.
>> >
>> > Anyone had anything to do with this camera or have any good/bad comments,
>> > would like to hear them.
>> >

>> Read the following article from The Washington Post:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/pcbh

>Thanks. That's definitely made my mind up. An FZ2 for me please

Good review, eh? I can still see many uses for this camera, even
though it's only 2.1Mpix and I now have a Sony V1. Hmm.

--
Regards

John Bean

John Bean

On 02 Oct 2003 17:17:22 GMT, NJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hans-Georg Michna wrote in rec.photo.digital:
>
>>>An FZ2 for me please

>> Barry,
>>
>> make that an FZ10 with 4 Megapixels. Somebody just wrote it's
>> been announced.
>>

>Yep, that was me. Everyone can contribute to my "buy NJ a FZ10 fund"!

Have you got a URL for that announcement please?

--
Regards

John Bean

NJ

John Bean wrote in rec.photo.digital:

> Have you got a URL for that announcement please?

http://tinyurl.com/ph7r

John Bean

On 02 Oct 2003 18:03:20 GMT, NJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>John Bean wrote in rec.photo.digital:
>
>> Have you got a URL for that announcement please?
>>

>http://tinyurl.com/ph7r

Spot on, thanks.

--
Regards

John Bean

Barry Smith

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>
KIPAX <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 02:11:02 +0100, Barry Smith
>
> Well I wouldnt bother with the FZ2.
>
> The FZ10 has just been announced.. 4MP and x12 optical zoom blah blah

Excuse my language and cover your eyes

Oh *******s! Just when I decide I want an FZ2 they bring out an FZ10.

However, having seen the photo (from the link in the 4MP thread)
I'm not so sure. It looks massive compared to the FZ2 ! Certainly not
what you'd call compact.

I'll wait a little while and read more details. The only thing lacking
(for me) on the FZ2 is manual focus. If the FZ10 has that I might be
tempted, but I'd need to see one in the flesh to get a better idea
of its size.

Barry
--
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Barry Smith

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>
John Bean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 02:13:18 +0100, Barry Smith
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Ah well. I guess someone has to live there

> Yes, well any port in a storm. As an immigrant from the other side of
> the Pennines I find the whole of Lancashire a little odd. Waterfoot is
> perhaps a little odder than the rest - that's why I like it

I'll probably get shot for saying this, but Yorkshire is probably
my favourite county. Lots of places like Harrogate, Richmond, Pickering
etc. that I like. The only blot on the landscape (in my opinion) being
Scarborough, but it's nicer than Blackpool

Barry
--

In message <Xns9408873089A99ontherhodehotmailcom@199.171.54.2 13>
NJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hans-Georg Michna wrote in rec.photo.digital:
>
> >>An FZ2 for me please

> > Barry,
> >
> > make that an FZ10 with 4 Megapixels. Somebody just wrote it's
> > been announced.
> >

> Yep, that was me. Everyone can contribute to my "buy NJ a FZ10 fund"!

But see my other comments in this thread. It doesn't exactly look
like a *compact* camera !

Barry
--
These taglines aren't always all that interesting...