Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HELP - Memory card for a Kodak CX4230

HELP - Memory card for a Kodak CX4230

Alvaro Portugal

I have a Kodak EasyShare CX4230, and i need to buy a memory card. I
read there are some problems with SanDisk memory card and a Kodak
CX4230. There a lot of brands (SanDisk,Lexar,SimpleTech) Somebody can
help me to choice a good memory card, for my CX4230?...
Thanks,
Alvaro

Hank

I purchased a Kodak branded 128M SD memory card at Walmart for about $55 for
my CX4230. Works great and so easy to install.
Now at 800x600 (approx) I get over 600 images fefore the 128M is full.

Hank

Minwe
"Alvaro Portugal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a Kodak EasyShare CX4230, and i need to buy a memory card. I
> read there are some problems with SanDisk memory card and a Kodak
> CX4230. There a lot of brands (SanDisk,Lexar,SimpleTech) Somebody can
> help me to choice a good memory card, for my CX4230?...
> Thanks,
> Alvaro

Ron Baird

Greetings Alvaro,

I can appreciate your need and situation. I am not aware of any particular
issues with the Kodak CX4230 camera and Sandisk memory cards. Actually, you
can use any size memory card with a Camera. For those reading this that
have a Compact Flash Card, as long as compact flash cards display the "CF"
logo (which means they have passed all the standard tests and are fully
certified) and are "Type 1" (3.3 mm thick), they will work in Kodak digital
cameras, regardless of card capacity or manufacturer. The CF logo is a
diamond containing the letters 'CF.' All Kodak cameras have been tested and
work with Kodak Memory Cards.

The newer Kodak MMC (Multi Media Card) and SD (Secure Digital) Memory Cards
that your camera uses, will also work well in all Kodak cameras using that
type of memory card, and capacity is not an issue. Other manufacturers,
however, produce cards of various capacities and, though these cards are
often tested by Kodak, we cannot guarantee them as they are not Kodak
products, and the manufacturer can change them at anytime. Should any
issues arise with a non-Kodak memory card, please contact the manufacturer
of that card.

Since you have a San Disk card I suggest you contact them directly. It
should work in your camera and there is no reason that I know about, as to
why it wouldn't.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Ron Baird
Kodak

"Alvaro Portugal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a Kodak EasyShare CX4230, and i need to buy a memory card. I
> read there are some problems with SanDisk memory card and a Kodak
> CX4230. There a lot of brands (SanDisk,Lexar,SimpleTech) Somebody can
> help me to choice a good memory card, for my CX4230?...
> Thanks,
> Alvaro

kodak cx4230 memory corrupt Marty Digital Photography 12 09-26-2006 09:40 PM
Kodak CX4230 Failure Gord Digital Photography 1 10-16-2003 08:26 PM
KODAK CX4230 Kewl Digital Photography 0 09-17-2003 09:42 PM
Can nicd battery be use in kodak cx4230 ? William Cheng Digital Photography 2 07-10-2003 11:24 PM
kodak cx4230 uses ni-cd AA batteries ? william Digital Photography 0 07-10-2003 09:02 PM

Advertisments