Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > how is everyone liking their rebels?

how is everyone liking their rebels?

BuGz

I was going to wait for the fuji finepix s2 to come down in price for a
removable lens slr digital but now Im wondering how this Rebel matches up. I
have a sony DSC f-707 and just want the lens options with the 6.3 and CMOS
and the extra white balance and iso's. any photographs you could link me to?
BuGzY

Grace Frehley

hi Bugzy i didnt much like it with the lens kit lens, i took some 250 pics
and kept maybe 3. I bought the new Tamron 28-300mm XR lens and now i love
it. I'm addicted........now i can save for a good Canon "L" lens. I'm very
satisfied.

"BuGz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I was going to wait for the fuji finepix s2 to come down in price for a
> removable lens slr digital but now Im wondering how this Rebel matches up.

> have a sony DSC f-707 and just want the lens options with the 6.3 and CMOS
> and the extra white balance and iso's. any photographs you could link me

to?
> BuGzY

Grace Frehley

go here http://dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1031 more info than
you'll ever need. LOL.

"BuGz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I was going to wait for the fuji finepix s2 to come down in price for a
> removable lens slr digital but now Im wondering how this Rebel matches up.

> have a sony DSC f-707 and just want the lens options with the 6.3 and CMOS
> and the extra white balance and iso's. any photographs you could link me

to?
> BuGzY

Lisa Horton

BuGz wrote:

> I was going to wait for the fuji finepix s2 to come down in price for a
> removable lens slr digital but now Im wondering how this Rebel matches up. I
> have a sony DSC f-707 and just want the lens options with the 6.3 and CMOS
> and the extra white balance and iso's. any photographs you could link me to?
> BuGzY

I'm liking mine a lot. Mostly because it's as small and light as a film
SLR. The only thing I really miss is flash exposure compensation.
Everything else can be worked around.

I'm finding the curvy shape and dark silver color growing on me quite a
bit, surprisingly

The kit lens was okay, better than the typical kit lens, but still
slow. I'm mostly using a Canon 28-105 on it and that's working out very
well. Compact, good range, good quality. For low light use though, a
kit of fast primes and the Rebel's iso1600 is very nice.

The pictures look pretty much just like those from the 10D, which is to
say very good.

Lisa

jriegle

I've said this before, but compared to the smaller sensor cameras, the lower
noise in the larger sensor SLRs is worth the price of admission alone.

Both cameras are about as good as it's going to get for 6mp Bayer type
sensors.

Keep in mind though, the Rebel, while having a great sensor, has a limited
feature set as compared to the pricier models. If you have an investment in
Nikon optics, getting the rebel is false economy.

John