Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Card Reader Won't Read SmartMedia Card

Card Reader Won't Read SmartMedia Card

PEmpson181

I have two SmartMedia cards for my Olympus 360L and have pictures on both. One
works in the card reader and I can download or print the pictures but the other
one won't show anything at all.

I know there are pictures on it and I don't want to lose them. What can I do
to transfer the pictures to the computer? When I open the card reader drive,
there is nothing there with the one card.

I am using Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Brad

Use the cable that came with the camera and transfer them directly from the
camera.
"PEmpson181" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have two SmartMedia cards for my Olympus 360L and have pictures on both.

One
> works in the card reader and I can download or print the pictures but the

other
> one won't show anything at all.
>
> I know there are pictures on it and I don't want to lose them. What can I

do
> to transfer the pictures to the computer? When I open the card reader

drive,
> there is nothing there with the one card.
>
> I am using Windows XP.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Pat

Vince_Z

I had a Oly D490 and it came with a serial cable. Not USB serial, but
RS-232C serial, that means SLOW!!! I doubt the 360L will be any faster.

"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:A_4db.3822$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Use the cable that came with the camera and transfer them directly from

the
> camera.
> "PEmpson181" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have two SmartMedia cards for my Olympus 360L and have pictures on

both.
> One
> > works in the card reader and I can download or print the pictures but

the
> other
> > one won't show anything at all.
> >
> > I know there are pictures on it and I don't want to lose them. What can

> do
> > to transfer the pictures to the computer? When I open the card reader

> drive,
> > there is nothing there with the one card.
> >
> > I am using Windows XP.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Pat

jriegle

Yes, It was slow, but it beats loosing the images.

"Vince_Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I had a Oly D490 and it came with a serial cable. Not USB serial, but
> RS-232C serial, that means SLOW!!! I doubt the 360L will be any faster.
>
> "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:A_4db.3822$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Use the cable that came with the camera and transfer them directly from

> the
> > camera.
> > "PEmpson181" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have two SmartMedia cards for my Olympus 360L and have pictures on

> both.
> > One
> > > works in the card reader and I can download or print the pictures but

> the
> > other
> > > one won't show anything at all.
> > >
> > > I know there are pictures on it and I don't want to lose them. What

can
> > do
> > > to transfer the pictures to the computer? When I open the card reader

> > drive,
> > > there is nothing there with the one card.
> > >
> > > I am using Windows XP.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Pat

PEmpson181

>Use the cable that came with the camera and transfer them directly from the
>camera.

Thanks--that worked.

Pat