Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Can I activate my Kinox DS-131 from the PC?

Can I activate my Kinox DS-131 from the PC?

Rasmus Nielsen

Hey there.

I hope someone here can help me:

I have a Kinox DS-131 that I would like to use for making
stop-animations if possible.

Problem is I don't know if (or how) I can activate it from the PC, so
that I don't have to press the button on the camera itself (and thus
risk dislocating the camera) to shoot each frame.

Does anyone here know if this is possibe?

Thanx.

Rasmus Nielsen.

Quaoar

Rasmus Nielsen wrote:
> Hey there.
>
> I hope someone here can help me:
>
> I have a Kinox DS-131 that I would like to use for making
> stop-animations if possible.
>
> Problem is I don't know if (or how) I can activate it from the PC, so
> that I don't have to press the button on the camera itself (and thus
> risk dislocating the camera) to shoot each frame.
>
> Does anyone here know if this is possibe?
>
> Thanx.
>
> Rasmus Nielsen.

If the camera has no remote capture software, or if the camera cannot be
mounted as a webcam, there is no way that you can do what you want. The
software interface would have to be able to communicate with and control
the camera firmware, and that capability is proprietary. If this camera
is rebranded from another vendor, there might be a possibility. A
google search turns up very little in the way of references for Kinox.