Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > [OT] Sony camcoder DV in

[OT] Sony camcoder DV in

Piotrek W

Hi,

Sorry for off topic...

Does enybody know how to enalble DV input an SONY DCR-TRV 12E camcoder?

Is it possible?

Peter

Savidge4

>Hi,
>
>Sorry for off topic...
>
>Does enybody know how to enalble DV input an SONY DCR-TRV 12E camcoder?
>
>Is it possible?

Peter,

without doing a quick search on Sony's site I am going to guess that your
camera will not do video input. the only way that you could input into the
less expensive sony camcorders is through the firewire connection.

if you already know that, well then there is a software issue. you may want to
try the likes of Adobe's Premiere as an application I personally know does what
you are asking!

hope that helps!

Brothermark

> Does enybody know how to enalble DV input an SONY DCR-TRV 12E camcoder?

This is a typical problem for european camcorders.
At the time of import if the camcorder can perform DV-in the price goes
miles higher, so they disable it so that they can keep the price down.

In my panasonic minidv cam it was just a quick software change within the
camera. I had to get my electrician brother to make me a custom cable but it
all worked out fine. This was about 4 years ago now so I'm a little rusty.

Search google for relevent terms. People actually sell kits. Here look at
these ebay auctions:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/ws/search/S...able&socurrenc
ydisplay=2&salocatedincountry=3&maxrecordsreturned =300&sosortproperty=1&ht=1
&from=R10&sorecordsperpage=50&BasicSearch=

You need to put that whole url in the internet window.

ok hope that helps
makr

admin

Greetings,

"Piotrek W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Does enybody know how to enalble DV input an SONY DCR-TRV 12E camcoder?

Try asking on: uk.rec.video.digital

Peter