Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Wanted - vest to hold lenses

Wanted - vest to hold lenses

David Ellis

I'm looking for a vest that will hold three lenses vertically against
the chest, the largest of which is a foot tall with shade installed.
The shortest, a wide angle, has a shade about six inches in diameter.
Objective is easy swapping of lenses on SLR while walking around. Can
you recommend a vendor for such a vest?
--David

Savidge4

>I'm looking for a vest that will hold three lenses vertically against
>the chest, the largest of which is a foot tall with shade installed.
>The shortest, a wide angle, has a shade about six inches in diameter.
>Objective is easy swapping of lenses on SLR while walking around. Can
>you recommend a vendor for such a vest?
>--David

David, you know exactly what you want, and the diamaters of what you want.
there will not be a store in the world that will sell that exact vest. have
you looked into having the vest made for you? I would imaging that is probably
your only option.

Mark N

dont lowepro do a vest under their street and field system.

i have only seen pictures if it but is has loops to attach lens pouches to.

Perhaps that will come close enough to what you are looking for

Regards, Mark

www.derbyshire-butterflies.co.uk

"David Ellis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for a vest that will hold three lenses vertically against
> the chest, the largest of which is a foot tall with shade installed.
> The shortest, a wide angle, has a shade about six inches in diameter.
> Objective is easy swapping of lenses on SLR while walking around. Can
> you recommend a vendor for such a vest?
> --David

NJ

You mean something like this?

http://tinyurl.com/oiyl

> "David Ellis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm looking for a vest that will hold three lenses vertically against
>> the chest, the largest of which is a foot tall with shade installed.
>> The shortest, a wide angle, has a shade about six inches in diameter.
>> Objective is easy swapping of lenses on SLR while walking around. Can
>> you recommend a vendor for such a vest?
>> --David

Randall Ainsworth

I've got a Quest Vest that I've had for years but I don't know if the
company is still in business.

Charlie Self

NJ responds:

>http://tinyurl.com/oiyl

Yabbut there are a lot elsewhere:
http://www.hakubausa.com/csite/c_pro...sp?cc=50&cs=40

http://porterscamerastore.com/Mercha...TGY&Category_C
ode=C2M

http://www.tiffen.com/katavests.htm

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_main.php?cat_id=908

And for a thorough check: www.acecam.com/camera-bags-mfgs.html

Charlie Self

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit
soft."
Theodore Roosevelt

David Ellis

My thanks to everyone for the great responses. I'm all set.
--David