Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Good Online place to get prints?

Good Online place to get prints?

Milagro

Hi,

I'm looking for a good on line photo processing site. I have used Ofoto and
like their results but they don't offer 11x14 prints, just 16x20. Anyone
have any suggestions? Thanks

Mike Shavel

http://www.usenet.com

Sexy Susan

Http://www.Adorama.com click DIGITAL PRINTS. Amazing quality on Kodak Royal Paper.

"Milagro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<3f6fa76c$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a good on line photo processing site. I have used Ofoto and
> like their results but they don't offer 11x14 prints, just 16x20. Anyone
> have any suggestions? Thanks
>
> Mike Shavel

> http://www.usenet.com

Ed E.

> Http://www.Adorama.com click DIGITAL PRINTS. Amazing quality on Kodak
Royal Paper.

I used Adorama's lab service. It was by far the worst I've ever dealt with.
Some woman in Connecticut received a duplicate of my order for some unknown
reason (I'm in Ohio.) Two calls to the Adorama guy and he still had no clue
what happened.

DotPhoto is pretty good if you can wait a while for your prints to arrive.
My personal preference is Sam's Club's in-store lab. They're less than
dotPhoto and every bit as good. They do use Fuji paper instead of Kodak, if
that makes any difference to you.

Jeremy

Sexy Susan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Http://www.Adorama.com click DIGITAL PRINTS. Amazing quality on Kodak
> Royal Paper.

The problem with Adorama is that you have to download and use their "wizard"
to order prints with. The Mac version, at least, has a memory leak or
something -- it continues to suck up RAM until it crashes, as it uploads
the picture files. It worked for me the first time, though it really hosed
up the system while it was doing it; but last night I tried to order 14
prints, and the program crashed before it could finish uploading 14 files.
And that's on a machine with 1.5 gigs of RAM.

They have no web interface or anything, so that's rather show-stopping. If
you can actually place an order, though, they seem to make great prints.

--
Jeremy | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)