Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > THE Difference Between Good Quality and Poor Quality Pictures!

THE Difference Between Good Quality and Poor Quality Pictures!

N.E.1.

Below is a note I previously tried to post. I originally tried to attach
the two pictures I mention but since these are not Binaries newsgroups, they
went nowhere. I am sending this note (but with the pictures attached) to
alt.binaries.photos.originals so everyone who can *please* go there and
review the pictures and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Nathan

What is the measure of quality between these two picture clips? The one is
labeled "Splotchy" because that's how it looks (taken with a 3.2MP Pentax
Optio S), and the other is labeled "Quality" because that's what I want in a
digital Point and Shoot (taken with a Canon EOS 10D). Does ANYONE make a
Point and Shoot camera that can output a picture anywhere near that quality
level? Keep in mind that these pictures have been cropped to make them show
up as Actual Size on everyone's monitors. Thanks for any clarification
anyone can provide!

Nathan

Constantinople

"N.E.1." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:FNMbb.10481$(E-Mail Removed):

> Below is a note I previously tried to post. I originally tried to
> attach the two pictures I mention but since these are not Binaries
> newsgroups, they went nowhere. I am sending this note (but with the
> pictures attached) to alt.binaries.photos.originals so everyone who
> can *please* go there and review the pictures and let me know what you
> think. Thanks!
>
> Nathan
>
> What is the measure of quality between these two picture clips? The
> one is labeled "Splotchy" because that's how it looks (taken with a
> 3.2MP Pentax Optio S), and the other is labeled "Quality" because
> that's what I want in a digital Point and Shoot (taken with a Canon
> EOS 10D). Does ANYONE make a Point and Shoot camera that can output a
> picture anywhere near that quality level? Keep in mind that these
> pictures have been cropped to make them show up as Actual Size on
> everyone's monitors. Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide!

Technically, the second picture is gorgeous. Are these details both
unretouched, direct-from-camera? And are they full-size?

Constantinople

"N.E.1." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:FNMbb.10481$iJ.5210
@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

> What is the measure of quality between these two picture clips?

The main difference seems to be NOISE. Though there might also be a degree
of difference in fine shading (the first shot seems almost to be posterized
relative to the second).

N.E.1.

Thanks for the kind words! They are both straight from the cameras. I just
cropped them. I only adjust for brightness levels in my pictures (if
needed) and these didn't need any tweaking.

Nathan

Phil Stripling

"N.E.1." <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Below is a note I previously tried to post. I originally tried to attach
> the two pictures I mention but since these are not Binaries newsgroups, they
> went nowhere. I am sending this note (but with the pictures attached) to
> alt.binaries.photos.originals so everyone who can *please* go there and
> review the pictures and let me know what you think. Thanks!

I am sorry to say that alt.binaries.photos.originals is not carried by my
ISP, but alt.binaries.photos.original is -- go figure.