Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji S2 Pro - Camera control software

Fuji S2 Pro - Camera control software

Rob[UK]

Hi,

I'm considering getting the camera control software for my Fuji S2 Pro
camera. It's not cheap, 130UKP, and there is no way I can see it working
before I buy it.

Has anyone had any experience with this software? The reason I would like
it is to see a full screen view of the image directly after I take it. I
will be taking a lot of pictures, using a macro lens, of my wife handmade
jewellery.

Thanks,
--
Remove "nospamplease-" to reply via email - Rob
22/09/2003 15:30:53

Howard McCollister

"Rob[UK]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1bicw1unypstb$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering getting the camera control software for my Fuji S2 Pro
> camera. It's not cheap, 130UKP, and there is no way I can see it working
> before I buy it.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with this software? The reason I would like
> it is to see a full screen view of the image directly after I take it. I
> will be taking a lot of pictures, using a macro lens, of my wife handmade
> jewellery.

My experience with the Camera Control Software is pretty positive. You have
a few choices when you start the program, in that you can either shoot
manually and have the image displayed on the computer, or you can use the
computer to take the pictures. You can also set it to do time-lapse. It
works pretty well, although there are occasional glitches in the firewire
connection. In the US version of the S2 Pro, the RAW EX and Camera Shooting
Software are included (so-called (Hyper-Utility software, as Fuji labels
it...)

HMc

Rob[UK]

On 22 Sep 2003 14:29:09 -0500, "Howard McCollister" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My experience with the Camera Control Software is pretty positive. You have
>a few choices when you start the program, in that you can either shoot
>manually and have the image displayed on the computer, or you can use the
>computer to take the pictures. You can also set it to do time-lapse. It
>works pretty well, although there are occasional glitches in the firewire
>connection. In the US version of the S2 Pro, the RAW EX and Camera Shooting
>Software are included (so-called (Hyper-Utility software, as Fuji labels
>it...)

It's included with the camera!? Well if that isn't the icing on the
cake

Seems like us UK'ers are getting ripped off.

Howard McCollister

"Rob[UK]" <rob@nospamplease_insanegadgets.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> It's included with the camera!? Well if that isn't the icing on the
> cake
>
> Seems like us UK'ers are getting ripped off.

Well, current price here in the USA is typically $1799USD + VAT (varies by
location, but typically 5%-8%) which is 1091GBP or 1568 Euros. If we buy
online or mailorder, there is no VAT. I don't know what the VAT is in the
UK.

Currently, I see the camera body-only in the UK going for around 1200 GBP.
So, taking into account that the "HyperUtility Software" isn't included, it
does seem that you're paying a bit of a premium for the S2 Pro.

Are my assumptions correct?

HMc

Rob[UK]

On 22 Sep 2003 19:30:10 -0500, "Howard McCollister" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Currently, I see the camera body-only in the UK going for around 1200 GBP.
>So, taking into account that the "HyperUtility Software" isn't included, it
>does seem that you're paying a bit of a premium for the S2 Pro.
>
>Are my assumptions correct?

Your right, but I am not in the slightest bit supprised. Usually
manufacturers take the dollar price and swap the dollar sign for a
pound sign. i.e UK price is about 1/3 higher than the US. $1000 =
1000UKP

VAT is currently 17.5%

I don't know how much I actually paid for my S2 as I negotiated a deal
with a lens and memory card. But the retail price was 1350UKP inc vat

1350UKP + 130UKP = 1480UKP = $2445

So, yes, your assumptions are correct!

Howard McCollister

"Rob[UK]" <rob@nospamplease_insanegadgets.com> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> VAT is currently 17.5%
>
> I don't know how much I actually paid for my S2 as I negotiated a deal
> with a lens and memory card. But the retail price was 1350UKP inc vat
>
> 1350UKP + 130UKP = 1480UKP = $2445

Ouch!

HMc