Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > are (some) digi's interlaced?

are (some) digi's interlaced?

AusDigi

I was wondering if at least some digital cameras take interlaced pictures as
I read some reference to it recently (particularly with some 5MP SLR's). I
think this is bad news if they do.

--
http://rnr.id.au/

JPS@no.komm

In message <3f6eb6f0$0$22463$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
"AusDigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was wondering if at least some digital cameras take interlaced pictures as
>I read some reference to it recently (particularly with some 5MP SLR's). I
>think this is bad news if they do.

Only the non- progressive scan camcorders with still capability should
be doing that.

My sister was e-mailing me pictures from such a camcorder a while back,
and the pictures were ghastly. I separated each one into two pictures
and resampled the vertical dimensions for proper aspect. They were
fuzzy enough still that I decided it would be better to halve the width
instead of doubling the height.
--

John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>