Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Image size lock

Image size lock

Billy Menasco

Hello;

I'm new to digital cameras (oly 740uz) and miss one function that my Minolta
5xi has, Image-size lock. I've searched and have not found a digital camera
with this function, although it could be called something else.

I found this feature handy, specifically while shooting my son's soccer
games.

Below is the description from my 5xi manual...
"When you press the lens-function button ... the camera automatically
adjusts the lens' focal length to maintain the size of the main subject's
image... Image-size lock is limited by the focal length range of the lens
you are using..."

Anyone know of a digital camera with this feature?

Billy Menasco