Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fighter planes pictures

Fighter planes pictures

Jankins

http://www.emscoelectric.com/~androidinal/planes/

Took these today - couldn't get as close as I'd like, but still neat
pictures. . .hazy, overcast

Handheld 100-400mm L IS lens / 10D body / Cropped, enlarged, compressed. .

Dan

Zol.

Planes3.jpg - is probably the better of the 3 - there`s a lot of horrible
image artifacts in the sky - maybe to do with compression when you saved the
images - minimum I usually go for when compressing is 70% Normal or 30%
compression - do you have the original on-line? Zol.

" Jankins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.emscoelectric.com/~androidinal/planes/
>
> Took these today - couldn't get as close as I'd like, but still neat
> pictures. . .hazy, overcast
>
> Handheld 100-400mm L IS lens / 10D body / Cropped, enlarged, compressed. .
> ..
>
> Dan

PiZzazZ

Be careful of taking picutres of an airebase with a long zoom. I would not
be surprised if someone questions your motivation.

You would be better off to shoot some birds or wildlife. With regard to the
pictures themselves, there are a lot of shakes in them.

" Jankins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.emscoelectric.com/~androidinal/planes/
>
> Took these today - couldn't get as close as I'd like, but still neat
> pictures. . .hazy, overcast
>
> Handheld 100-400mm L IS lens / 10D body / Cropped, enlarged, compressed. .
> ..
>
> Dan

RustYŠ

" Jankins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Took these today - couldn't get as close as I'd like, but still neat
> pictures. . .hazy, overcast
>
> Handheld 100-400mm L IS lens / 10D body / Cropped, enlarged, compressed. .

Well it certainly looks hazy. The shots with this lens would normally show
those unit badges on the tail quite clearly and the colours are not quite
right these planes are a few shades lighter than this. Looks a good spot
for number crunchers though - where is SL ?

--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

FOR7b

>Be careful of taking picutres of an airebase with a long zoom. I would not
>be surprised if someone questions your motivation.

Or if you get arrested.

>You would be better off to shoot some birds or wildlife. With regard to the
>pictures themselves, there are a lot of shakes in them.

Jay Beckman

"RustYŠ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> " Jankins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>
> > Took these today - couldn't get as close as I'd like, but still neat
> > pictures. . .hazy, overcast
> >
> > Handheld 100-400mm L IS lens / 10D body / Cropped, enlarged, compressed.

..

> Well it certainly looks hazy. The shots with this lens would normally

show
> those unit badges on the tail quite clearly and the colours are not quite
> right these planes are a few shades lighter than this. Looks a good spot
> for number crunchers though - where is SL ?
>
> --
> For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

Not "SL" but rather "SJ" = Seymour/Johnson AFB...Goldsboro, NC

Probably TDY to get away from Hurricane Isabell...

)

Todd Walker

> http://www.emscoelectric.com/~androidinal/planes/
>
> Took these today - couldn't get as close as I'd like, but still neat
> pictures. . .hazy, overcast
>
> Handheld 100-400mm L IS lens / 10D body / Cropped, enlarged, compressed. .
> ..
>
> Dan

Very hazy, very bad quality especially with an L lens. Also, please
reduce the pixel dimensions of your images rather than compressing the
hell outta them before uploading to the web. If you resize your 10D
images to 25%, you will get files that are 768x512, perfect size for the
web. This will allow you to use light compression and still get good
file sizes while at the same time allowing the viewer to see the whole
picture on their screen rather than having to scroll around.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

BudMan

Langley AFB??
" Jankins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.emscoelectric.com/~androidinal/planes/
>
> Took these today - couldn't get as close as I'd like, but still neat
> pictures. . .hazy, overcast
>
> Handheld 100-400mm L IS lens / 10D body / Cropped, enlarged, compressed. .
> ..
>
> Dan

Frank ess

"Todd Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > http://www.emscoelectric.com/~androidinal/planes/
> >
> > Took these today - couldn't get as close as I'd like, but still neat
> > pictures. . .hazy, overcast
> >
> > Handheld 100-400mm L IS lens / 10D body / Cropped, enlarged, compressed.

..
> > ..
> >
> > Dan

> Very hazy, very bad quality especially with an L lens. Also, please
> reduce the pixel dimensions of your images rather than compressing the
> hell outta them before uploading to the web. If you resize your 10D
> images to 25%, you will get files that are 768x512, perfect size for the
> web. This will allow you to use light compression and still get good
> file sizes while at the same time allowing the viewer to see the whole
> picture on their screen rather than having to scroll around.

Todd, what do you mean by "good" file sizes?

Thank you,

Frank ess

Todd Walker

In article <Rmpab.247$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Todd, what do you mean by "good" file sizes?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Frank ess

Around 100-200k each.

--