Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Eos 10D Manufacturing backlog????

Canon Eos 10D Manufacturing backlog????

Anil S

I had ordered a EOS 10d with mwhse and was informed that there is a
big backlog in supply of the camera( their order into the mfr on
june/july 2003 has not yet been fulfilled). I also notice that almost
every other website is out of stock on the EOS 10d.
Does anybody have any insight into this, it lookslike either canon is
having manufacturing difficulties or is there a Succesor for this.

Ethan Trewhitt

According to Anil S <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> I had ordered a EOS 10d with mwhse and was informed that there is a
> big backlog in supply of the camera( their order into the mfr on
> june/july 2003 has not yet been fulfilled). I also notice that almost
> every other website is out of stock on the EOS 10d.
> Does anybody have any insight into this, it lookslike either canon is
> having manufacturing difficulties or is there a Succesor for this.

It's likely the new Digital Rebel, or 300D is occupying all of Canon's
production lines.

--
eth'nT
http://www.hydrous.net

Tony Spadaro

According to Canon - as of a month ago - they are making 30,000 10Ds a
month -- that means suppleis will be tight for the foreseeable future as the
camera has really taken off. I see their 70,000 a month plan for the 300D as
too low also.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto