Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl tutorial for Python programmer

Perl tutorial for Python programmer

Patrick Useldinger

Hi All,
I have some experience with C, Pascal, COBOL and lately Python, and am
quite confident with all of these. I would like to learn Perl as well,
and I am looking for a decent tutorial which should:
- concentrate on the most recent "stable" version of Perl (5.8.0, I
believe)
- go straight to the point without explaining programming or OO concepts
- have a fair amount of examples for "offline" learing.
Which one would you recommend?
Thanks,
-PU

John Bokma

Patrick Useldinger wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have some experience with C, Pascal, COBOL and lately Python, and am
> quite confident with all of these. I would like to learn Perl as well,
> and I am looking for a decent tutorial which should:
> - concentrate on the most recent "stable" version of Perl (5.8.0, I
> believe)
> - go straight to the point without explaining programming or OO concepts
> - have a fair amount of examples for "offline" learing.
> Which one would you recommend?

Programming Perl for the first two points and Perl Cook Book for the last.

--
Kind regards, feel free to mail: mail(at)johnbokma.com (or reply)
virtual home: http://johnbokma.com/ ICQ: 218175426