Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > self made film holders for Epson 3200 photo perfection

self made film holders for Epson 3200 photo perfection

contrex

In May 2003 I read a tutorial how to make 35 mm film holders (slides)
for the scanner epson 3200 photo perfection. The advantage of these
self made film holders is that you can insert 3 stripes at the same
time at not only 2 as the original film holders do.

Unfortunatly I can't find this article. I searched about 3 hours with
google and didn't find it! Can you help me please?
Do you remember a such tutorial or can you provide me with technical
instructions (above all the exact dimensions) in order to make such
film holder by myself?

Thank you very much!

CSM1

"contrex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> In May 2003 I read a tutorial how to make 35 mm film holders (slides)
> for the scanner epson 3200 photo perfection. The advantage of these
> self made film holders is that you can insert 3 stripes at the same
> time at not only 2 as the original film holders do.
>
> Unfortunatly I can't find this article. I searched about 3 hours with
> google and didn't find it! Can you help me please?
> Do you remember a such tutorial or can you provide me with technical
> instructions (above all the exact dimensions) in order to make such
> film holder by myself?
>
> Thank you very much!

The only reference I have found so far is:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ep...rnsc04&rnum=13
Although the film holders provided with the 2450 and 3200 are convenient
to use, one can always make one's own film holders and design them to
accomplish whatever is important to you. All you need is some sheet
plastic (obtainable at a hobby shop), an Exacto knife, some glue, and
some ingenuity.

One suggestion was to use magnetic sheets. I got some at Office Depot
which were just about the right thickness, but my first attempt to
fashion a film holder was not very successful.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com