Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Image archive software

Image archive software

Jon Read

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendation for some image archive
software.

I'd ideally like it to be web-based and run under linux, so I can put it
on my home server access it from whereever I happen to be.

I don't just want some image gallery software, I need to be able to add
keywords and comments etc to images and groups of images, and to search
on them.

I'll take Windows software, at a pinch

Thanks,
Jon

Rafe B.

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:53:14 +0100, Jon Read <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I was wondering if anyone had any recommendation for some image archive
>software.
>
>I'd ideally like it to be web-based and run under linux, so I can put it
>on my home server access it from whereever I happen to be.
>
>I don't just want some image gallery software, I need to be able to add
>keywords and comments etc to images and groups of images, and to search
>on them.
>
>I'll take Windows software, at a pinch
>
>Thanks,
>Jon

<http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index>

Jon Read

Rafe B. wrote:

> <http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index>

Yeah, I know about Gallery thanks - I use it already.

It's not what I'm looking for though. I don't want to present galleries
to anyone, I want to organise my images in a database for my own
reference using keywords and descriptions.

Cheers
Jon

PeterZiminski

check out a free demo of PhotoLibrary at
http://www.PhotoLibrarySoftware.com/

and the Open Directory which has a list of Image Management Software at
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/G...e_Cataloguing/

See these Reviews too.
http://www.naturephotographers.net/dfs0202-1.html

http://www.photosource.com/tools/software/

Jon Read

> and the Open Directory which has a list of Image Management Software at
> http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/G...e_Cataloguing/

Great, there are a few links to work through there!

Many thanks,
Jon