Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak dc290 Zoom Focus Problems - Help needed !

Kodak dc290 Zoom Focus Problems - Help needed !

Macintosh G5 The Best

For the beginning...... excuse me for my bad english )

I have a problem with my Kodak dc290 digital camera.

After the firmware upgrade with the rel. 1.0.4 my camera has had a lot
of problems with the focus..... it's impossible to fucus.......the
camera's focal lenght is from 38.4 to 115.2 mm.......... when I
switch on the camera and I select the 38.4 focal lenght the camera is
out of focus...... the same when I try to use the 115.2 lenght.....

I suppose it's a problem born after the firmware upgrade.

I try to see if on Kodak's service & support pages there is the
possibility to download the previous version of firmware.... but it
isn't possible..... there is only the ver 1.0.4.

Is there some of Yours have the previous version of firmware ?

Any other idea.... about ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Paolo Binotti

Ron Baird

Greetings Paolo,

I can appreciate your frustration, and want to help.

Can you share some of the other details on how you are taking your pictures?
This may have a direct impact on the results, i.e. too close, or shutter
being too slow, etc. Provide details on whether or not you are on a solid
support, i.e. tripod, and what settings are being used for your tests etc.
There is nothing in the firmware in question that will make your images
blurry. This would result from something else. If you have any sample
images that will help as well.

Talk to you soon, Paolo,

Ron Baird
Kodak