Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > TOo many choices!!!!

Reply
Thread Tools

TOo many choices!!!!

 
 
Albert Nurick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2003
"Josh Gelernter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:BNZ8b.26$(E-Mail Removed):

> I cannot deside to buy either the Dimage 7HI,Oly E-10,Fuji S7000 or
> S602SE Pro?! Which one do you recommend and why?


In that class, I'd be *sure* to check out the new Sony 828, which should be
available soon. (I'd also look into the Minolta A1).

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/sonydscf828/

--
Albert Nurick www.TheDeliciousLife.com
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) A guide to the good life
www.nurick.com in Houston, Texas
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Josh Gelernter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2003
These cameras all cost around 600USD used. I saw the A1 and F828.

"Albert Nurick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93F6D5C901EC2albertnurickcom@24.28.95.154. ..
> "Josh Gelernter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:BNZ8b.26$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I cannot deside to buy either the Dimage 7HI,Oly E-10,Fuji S7000 or
> > S602SE Pro?! Which one do you recommend and why?

>
> In that class, I'd be *sure* to check out the new Sony 828, which should

be
> available soon. (I'd also look into the Minolta A1).
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/articles/sonydscf828/
>
> --
> Albert Nurick www.TheDeliciousLife.com
> (E-Mail Removed) A guide to the good life
> www.nurick.com in Houston, Texas



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Albert Nurick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2003
"Josh Gelernter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:8W89b.797
$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have now narrowed it down to E-10 or Nikon 5700. Fuji just dont look
> durable enough and the Mintola has too much noise.


Now that I understand your price range, I'd suggest the Sony 707. I picked
it over the Olympus and the Nikon based on image quality and innovative
features, like the unique NightFraming and laser-assist autofocus.

--
Albert Nurick www.TheDeliciousLife.com
(E-Mail Removed) A guide to the good life
www.nurick.com in Houston, Texas
 
Reply With Quote
 
Josh Gelernter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2003
There are so many cameras I want to buy and that are in my price range, but
I have CF cards and I dont want to have to buy all new ones for
MemorySticks,XD,SmartMedia, etc
"Albert Nurick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93F777085B153albertnurickcom@24.28.95.150. ..
> "Josh Gelernter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:8W89b.797
> $(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I have now narrowed it down to E-10 or Nikon 5700. Fuji just dont look
> > durable enough and the Mintola has too much noise.

>
> Now that I understand your price range, I'd suggest the Sony 707. I

picked
> it over the Olympus and the Nikon based on image quality and innovative
> features, like the unique NightFraming and laser-assist autofocus.
>
> --
> Albert Nurick www.TheDeliciousLife.com
> (E-Mail Removed) A guide to the good life
> www.nurick.com in Houston, Texas



 
Reply With Quote
 
Albert Nurick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2003
"Josh Gelernter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Kto9b.2001$(E-Mail Removed):

> There are so many cameras I want to buy and that are in my price
> range, but I have CF cards and I dont want to have to buy all new ones
> for MemorySticks,XD,SmartMedia, etc


Understandable, but $100 buys a good deal of memory in any format.

I'd just factor that into the cost of whatever non-CF camera you're
considering. I prefer CF also, but the innovative features and image
quality of the 707 made the jump to Memory Stick worthwhile for me.

--
Albert Nurick www.TheDeliciousLife.com
(E-Mail Removed) A guide to the good life
www.nurick.com in Houston, Texas
 
Reply With Quote
 
bj286@scn.org
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2003
David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)-b.net>...
> Then there are the people who need the long glass; Sigma has no 600mm
> f2, for example.


Who has 600mm f/2?

http://digitcamera.tripod.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
David Dyer-Bennet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-30-2003
(E-Mail Removed) writes:

> David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)-b.net>...
> > Then there are the people who need the long glass; Sigma has no 600mm
> > f2, for example.

>
> Who has 600mm f/2?


Sorry, nobody. But they don't have a 600mm f4, either, and both Nikon
and Canon do.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <(E-Mail Removed)>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <noguns-nomoney.com> <www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net> Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>
Dragaera mailing lists: <dragaera.info/>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael Scarpitti
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-30-2003
(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)-b.net>...
> > Then there are the people who need the long glass; Sigma has no 600mm
> > f2, for example.

>
> Who has 600mm f/2?


You're out of your mind. You could not even carry such a thing.
>
> http://digitcamera.tripod.com/

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-03-2003
Michael Scarpitti <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
>> David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)-b.net>...


>> > Then there are the people who need the long glass; Sigma has no 600mm
>> > f2, for example.

>>
>> Who has 600mm f/2?

>
>You're out of your mind. You could not even carry such a thing.


Oh, I dunno. The front objective lens would only have to be about
12 inches in diameter.

(600mm / f2) / 25.4 = 11.8

Actually if anybody wants to see a _real_ 680mm f2.2 camera, here's
a link. And no, you can't carry it. 200+ pounds.

http://www.meade.com/catalog/lx/12_lx200sc.html

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how many hard drives is too many? mattcar Computer Support 6 06-29-2007 01:58 AM
How many warnings is too many? Rhino Java 33 12-22-2005 09:39 PM
How many threads are too many? rbt Python 1 06-11-2005 11:03 PM
How many threads is too many? peelman Java 12 01-15-2005 07:37 AM
Too many (small) vs. too large linked script files in a document... Dag Sunde Javascript 4 12-16-2004 11:38 PM



Advertisments