Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC5 Digital Camera

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC5 Digital Camera

Maged

Hi,
i am interested in buying digital camera with a price range $400-500.
I considered Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC5 Digital Camera as one of the
choices. I would like to know if it is a good choice, what the
advantages and disadvatages?
Is there any problem with this camera? also i have a question about
the variable digital zoon which is a feature of Panasonic DMC-LC43
Lumix™ Digital Camera with 4.0 MP but not a feature of Panasonic
Lumix DMC-LC5 Digital Camera. Also, does the SD memory cards
16,32,64,128,256,516 MB can be used with the camera or it is limited
to certain types? Also what the importance of having an external flash
in addition to the built in flash in Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC5 Digital
Camera?
thank you for taking the time to lead me to a better choice

T.J. Harry

Dear Readers

I am also finding it hard to choose between
1. Panasonic DMC-LC43, 4 MPix, 4x optical with AAx2 battery &
charger+ 16MB card
2. Fujifilm FinePix 3800. 3.4 MPix, 6x optical, w/o charger, 4xAA
batteries, now with 64 MB xD card. Am I correct

Request advise from experienced users.

-Harry eMail: as above

Ed Ruf

On 13 Sep 2003 12:54:29 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Maged) wrote:

>Is there any problem with this camera? also i have a question about
>the variable digital zoon which is a feature of Panasonic DMC-LC43
>Lumix™ Digital Camera with 4.0 MP but not a feature of Panasonic
>Lumix DMC-LC5 Digital Camera.

Digital zoom is almost completely worthless. I would not fret about not
having if the others features of the camera are what you need. 99.9% of the
functionality can easily be performed in image editing software.
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Sexy Susan

Both of those cameras suck my ****ing ****. Sensor size is too small
compared to other comparable cameras. Stick with Canon, Nikon, or
Olympus.

(E-Mail Removed) (T.J. Harry) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Dear Readers
>
> I am also finding it hard to choose between
> 1. Panasonic DMC-LC43, 4 MPix, 4x optical with AAx2 battery &
> charger+ 16MB card
> 2. Fujifilm FinePix 3800. 3.4 MPix, 6x optical, w/o charger, 4xAA
> batteries, now with 64 MB xD card. Am I correct
>
> Request advise from experienced users.
>
> -Harry eMail: as above

Maged

(E-Mail Removed) (Sexy Susan) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Both of those cameras suck my ****ing ****. Sensor size is too small
> compared to other comparable cameras. Stick with Canon, Nikon, or
> Olympus.

Hi Susan,
I agree with you that Canon, Nikon, and Olympus have the best tech in
the lens and zooming manufacturing. But, we can not ignore that
today's digital cameras have a great part of its efficiency from the
electronic tech, which panasonic and sony have the upper hand. That is
my point of view

> (E-Mail Removed) (T.J. Harry) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > Dear Readers
> >
> > I am also finding it hard to choose between
> > 1. Panasonic DMC-LC43, 4 MPix, 4x optical with AAx2 battery &
> > charger+ 16MB card
> > 2. Fujifilm FinePix 3800. 3.4 MPix, 6x optical, w/o charger, 4xAA
> > batteries, now with 64 MB xD card. Am I correct
> >
> > Request advise from experienced users.
> >
> > -Harry eMail: as above

Eric

>>Both of those cameras suck my ****ing ****.