Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > FOR SALE: Canon G3 Digital Camera $450

FOR SALE: Canon G3 Digital Camera $450

ReadingPAPhoto

FOR SALE:

PHOTO: http://members.aol.com/readingpaphoto/canong3332.jpg

USED camera, in very good condition, with original box and all accessories and
in perfect working order (used about 6 months):

-Canon G3 4.0 MegaPixel Digital Camera with 4x Optical/4x Digital Zoom
with loose change, sorry )

I enjoyed this camera very much, and always found it took amazing photos!
Please see photo included of actual item and accessories!
Will ship via priority mail with tracking number, fully insured.

PHOTO: http://members.aol.com/readingpaphoto/canong3332.jpg

EMAIL: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) if interested.
Price $450 /Shipping

JK

For sale notices are not allowed here. This is a discussion group.
For sale notices should be placed in rec.photo.marketplace.digital.

WebKatz

"JK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For sale notices are not allowed here. This is a discussion group.
> For sale notices should be placed in rec.photo.marketplace.digital.

Too late. Come on, take the pledge...

From: (E-Mail Removed) (DaVidaMundi)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: ALL Newsgroup Participants
Date: 31 Aug 2003 09:20:08 -0700

Would you knock this crap off!!! I am sooooooooooo tired of it.

You can't stop private FA posts.

You can't stop private FA posts.

You can't stop private FA posts.

You can (to paraphrase) threaten, accuse, bully, name call, and spam -
but that's all after the fact and it still ain't gonna do you any
good. And, note to net nannies, some people LIKE annoying you, and the
more you complain the more they rub your noses in it.

EBay will never yank Joe Blow's auction.

Never ever. Never ever. Never ever. Never ever. Never ever. Never
ever. Never ever.

No ISP is ever gonna pull somebody's service because they posted to
r.p.d instead of marketplace. They don't care! And even it they did,
the original FA post is still there!!!

Duh!?!

I count about 1000 posts in rec.photo.digital.marketplace since
6/5/03. Tony, John, Steve, Webkatz, Bart, Brian, me,etc... have GOT to
have posted more times than that here. Hell, never mind the volume -
based on the sheer amount of acrimony these FA follow-up posts and
general bickering have created, I would gladly exchange 2000 FA posts
for all of the crap these clowns have spewed (sorry).

Wanna fix it?

1. Stop replying to FA posts. I don't care what you have to say about
them, pro or con, it ain't gonna help.
2. Stop net copping - who the f*ck put you in charge anyway?
3. Stop net copping the net cops. It's an obsession, they can't help
it, and who the f*ck put you in charge either?
4. Stop posting the goddamn charter.

There.

Like my proposal? Great. Live by it; just don't go flapping your gums
about it.

Don't like my proposal? Fine. Do what you want; just don't go flapping
your gums about it either.

Want to discuss this proposal? Do it somewhere other than here!!!

Viva!

JK

I responded properly, as others often respond in a very nasty and abusive
manner when for sale notices are placed here. I will assume that the poster
didn't know any better. It is important to respond properly to the for sale
notices here, otherwise this newsgroup might become overwhelmed with
many for sale notices.

Steve Wilbur wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, JK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > For sale notices are not allowed here. This is a discussion group.
> > For sale notices should be placed in rec.photo.marketplace.digital.

> Oh please. It was clearly labeled FS in the subject. If you don't want to
> read his message, don't read it. Leave the poor man alone.

JK

That is what rec.photo.marketplace.digital. is for. I am also educating people
about that newsgroup when making these posts.

Steve Wilbur wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, JK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > It is important to respond properly to the for sale
> > notices here, otherwise this newsgroup might become overwhelmed with
> > many for sale notices.

> Yeah, wouldn't want THAT to happen. People might find something they want
> to buy. What a travesty THAT would be.

Tony Spadaro

Steve - if you can't live by the group rules - go away. Into the killfile
with you.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Steve Wilbur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, JK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > It is important to respond properly to the for sale
> > notices here, otherwise this newsgroup might become overwhelmed with
> > many for sale notices.

> Yeah, wouldn't want THAT to happen. People might find something they want
> to buy. What a travesty THAT would be.

Steve Wilbur

In article <yuN8b.1175$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Tony Spadaro"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Into the killfile with you.

yes!! 4 billion killfiles to go!

Larry R Harrison Jr

wrote:
> > > It is important to respond properly to the for sale
> > > notices here, otherwise this newsgroup might become overwhelmed with
> > > many for sale notices.

> > Yeah, wouldn't want THAT to happen. People might find something they

want
> > to buy. What a travesty THAT would be.

JK's response is totally appropriate.

The thing is, even if it's harmless to post an item for sale, the thing is
that there's a time & place for everything, and if something doesn't belong
then it doesn't belong, period.

Example: I constantly, while attempting to play basketball on the basketball
court at the public park, have to shoo off people (kids especially) doing
things on the basketball court besides playing basketball. Sure, there's
nothing wrong with skipping rope and riding bicycles, but NOT ON THE
BASKETBALL COURT. Simple as that. Can't find somewhere else to do it? Tough.
That's irrelevant. The basketball court is for playing basketball.
***Period.****

Same here. There's nothing wrong with wanting to sell a Canon G3--heck, I
might want one (though I am a Nikonian, proudly so--and so tend to shy away
from Canons). But there is a newsgroup for that, so use that one. This
newsgroup ain't it, ***period***

Steve Young

> > "JK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > That is what rec.photo.marketplace.digital. is for. I am also
> > educating people about that newsgroup when making these posts.

The sky is falling Chicken Little! (That's why I'm a Netkkkop

> > > Steve Wilbur wrote:
> > > Yeah, wouldn't want THAT to happen. People might find something
> > > they want to buy. What a travesty THAT would be.

> "Larry R Harrison Jr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> JK's response is totally appropriate.

> The thing is, even if it's harmless to post an item for sale, the thing is
> that there's a time & place for everything, and if something doesn't belong
> then it doesn't belong, period.

> Example: I constantly, while attempting to play basketball on the basketball
> court at the public park, have to shoo off people (kids especially) doing
> things on the basketball court besides playing basketball. Sure, there's
> nothing wrong with skipping rope and riding bicycles, but NOT ON THE
> BASKETBALL COURT. Simple as that. Can't find somewhere else to
> do it? Tough. That's irrelevant. The basketball court is for playing
> basketball. ***Period.****

Carrying your same analogy to relevance, let's say there is a group
specifically for the discussion of digital cameras, i.e.
alt.comp.periphs.dcameras. So what is that discussion doing here?

There is also a specific group for the discussion of printers, i.e.
comp.periphs.printers. Why is that discussion happening here?

How about scanners? and picture techniques? Why can't people get it straight
and play Basketball on the BASKETBALL COURT ? Next thing ya know, we will be
over run with hundreds of posts a day

> Same here. There's nothing wrong with wanting to sell a Canon G3--heck, I
> might want one (though I am a Nikonian, proudly so--and so tend to shy
> away from Canons). But there is a newsgroup for that, so use that one.
> This newsgroup ain't it, ***period***

Have you ever seen how much discussion, concerning vendors and such, gets
discussed through these posts? Do you also tell people in the For Sale groups
to take their buying discussion to a discussion group? afterall, this is a For
Sale group PERIOD! To be honest about your text, you need to be working both
sides of the fence.

Steve Young

JK

Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:

> "JK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > That is what rec.photo.marketplace.digital. is for. I am also educating

> people
> > about that newsgroup when making these posts.
> >
> > Steve Wilbur wrote:

> > > Yeah, wouldn't want THAT to happen. People might find something they

> want
> > > to buy. What a travesty THAT would be.

> JK's response is totally appropriate.
>
> The thing is, even if it's harmless to post an item for sale, the thing is
> that there's a time & place for everything, and if something doesn't belong
> then it doesn't belong, period.

When someone sees a for sale notice here, they might be encouraged
to post their for sale notice here.