Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > WHICH CAMERA? Fuji S2 or the coming Nikon?

WHICH CAMERA? Fuji S2 or the coming Nikon?

Sbtypesetter

I'm pretty excited with all I've read about the Fuji S2, but
I've heard that there is a new Nikon coming that is as
good or better than the S2 and the price is to be around
$1000. What do y'all think? This would be for some
portraiture up to 20 x 24" prints, but mostly for weddings.
Thanks in advance.
-Rick

Andrew McDonald

Sbtypesetter wrote:
> I'm pretty excited with all I've read about the Fuji S2, but
> I've heard that there is a new Nikon coming that is as
> good or better than the S2 and the price is to be around
> $1000. What do y'all think? This would be for some
> portraiture up to 20 x 24" prints, but mostly for weddings.
> Thanks in advance.
> -Rick

Where did you hear about a new Nikon coming? The only one I know about
is the D2 and it's nowhere near $1000.

Howard McCollister

"Andrew McDonald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:I_58b.8811$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Sbtypesetter wrote:
> > I'm pretty excited with all I've read about the Fuji S2, but
> > I've heard that there is a new Nikon coming that is as
> > good or better than the S2 and the price is to be around
> > $1000. What do y'all think? This would be for some
> > portraiture up to 20 x 24" prints, but mostly for weddings.
> > Thanks in advance.
> > -Rick

> Where did you hear about a new Nikon coming? The only one I know about
> is the D2 and it's nowhere near $1000.

I've not heard of a new Nikon either, just the D2H, a 4 megapixel dSLR which
will be pretty slick, but very expensive.

There IS a lot of buzz about the successor to the S2 Pro, but no solid
details. Best guesses seem to be that it will be rolled out within the next
2 weeks to 4 months. Credence is lent by observation of the price of the S2
Pro currently dropping and supply channels drying up around the world.

In the meantime, I am very impressed by the S2 Pro I bought a couple of
weeks ago when B&H's price dropped to $1799.

HMc