Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Prosumer Digital SLR from Nikon ???

Prosumer Digital SLR from Nikon ???

Raj

Any rumor whether Nikon will release a equivalent of Canon's Rebel DSLR
anytime soon. Maybe they could based on Nikon N65 film slr model.
I read Thom Hogan in http://www.bythom.com predicted sometime back

I am waiting for a $500 digital SLR model from Nikon?! maybe in 3 years ?

jriegle

I'm sure they will release a lower cost SLR in the next year or so. $500 is
a bit optimistic, perhaps, as you said, 3 years lower cost.
John

"Raj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjlbpv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any rumor whether Nikon will release a equivalent of Canon's Rebel DSLR
> anytime soon. Maybe they could based on Nikon N65 film slr model.
> I read Thom Hogan in http://www.bythom.com predicted sometime back
>
> I am waiting for a $500 digital SLR model from Nikon?! maybe in 3 years ?

Martin Francis

"Raj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjlbpv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any rumor whether Nikon will release a equivalent of Canon's Rebel DSLR
> anytime soon. Maybe they could based on Nikon N65 film slr model.

The rumour my assistant manager at the camera shop told me involved a model
name of "D80", and a price equivalent to the 300D. Now, this might evoke
thoughts of a high quality prosumer DSLR with more manual control than the
Canon to some, but to me it sounds like reactionary guesswork. Nikon WILL
respond; however, probably fashionably and predictably late.

--
Martin
*insert wit here*