Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Mass updating of dns zone files

Mass updating of dns zone files

Jibba Jabba

I need to change the IP address of about 200 DNS records (zone files) and
also increase the serial number by one for each. Is there a script out
there to do this? I'm not a pro at perl scripting and my ISP has forced
this on me and so I'm under pressure to get this done asap.

Basically I need it done like this:

1) Look through all zone files for IP address X

2) If IP address X found, replace it with Y

3) Increment serial number for this record

If someone could help me I'd really appreciate it.