Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Exposure problem

Exposure problem

-------- ---------- ----------

It seems as though I have to always manually over expose my pictures taken
with my Nikon D1 by a stop or two with the editing software to get a decent
look to the end result. I realize that is the luxury of digital editing (
being able to edit the pictue to your liking ) but is my camera meter off?.

Marvin Margoshes

"-------- ---------- ----------" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:I3P6b.4862$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It seems as though I have to always manually over expose my pictures

taken
> with my Nikon D1 by a stop or two with the editing software to get a

decent
> look to the end result. I realize that is the luxury of digital editing (
> being able to edit the pictue to your liking ) but is my camera meter

off?.

I suppose you mean the print as the end result. You have to match your
screen's and printer's properties. There are various ways to do this. Try
the one at http://campratty.com/1faq/faqpages/b9a.html. It is written for
users of Paint Shop Pro to edit photos, but you can adapt it to other
programs. Or you can use Paint Shop Pro. The trial download is at
www.jasc.com.