Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is There Device for Viewing Pics on TV?

Is There Device for Viewing Pics on TV?

PEmpson181

I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on my
computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV. Is
there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD but
this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and some
don't.

Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.

Does anyone make such a device?

Pat

Tumbleweed

"PEmpson181" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on

my
> computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.

Is
> there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD

but
> this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and

some
> don't.
>
> Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
> apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.
>
> Does anyone make such a device?
>
> Pat

How about just copying more pictures to the card or cards via your PC before
putting them in the sandisk device? Or am I missing something here?
--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)

BLueCoBra

You don't mention how close to the TV the computer is. If it's close enough
you might be able to use a S-Video patch cord and run it from the comp to
the TV although both comp and TV need the proper jacks.

BLueCoBra

"PEmpson181" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on

my
> computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.

Is
> there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD

but
> this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and

some
> don't.
>
> Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
> apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.
>
> Does anyone make such a device?
>
> Pat

FOR7b

>> Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
>> apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.
>>
>> Does anyone make such a device?
>>
>> Pat

>How about just copying more pictures to the card or cards via your PC before
>putting them in the sandisk device? Or am I missing something here?
>--
>Tumbleweed

Since he mentioned "relatives" it is probably safe to assume that he wants them
to be able to view them in the easiest way possible. Having them use such a
device and sending them memory cards is not practical. Such a device would seem
practical only to the original owner.

The best way to share pics is on a CD or DVD. Since the resolution to display
on a TV is much lower than what is needed for a print one could easily fit a
huge number of pics onto a CD or a DVD. The more practical way is to use the
inexpensive CD and write to .jpg and view on a .jpg compatible DVD player.
There are many devices out there that allow viewing through memory cards but
again it certainly isn't practical as a way of sharing pics with others unless
you enjoy buying and handing out memory cards.

Bob Kelly

"PEmpson181" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on

my
> computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.

Is
> there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD

but
> this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and

some
> don't.
>
> Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
> apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.
>
> Does anyone make such a device?
>
> Pat

This address might help you. It is a list put together by alot of VCD users
about which DVD players play what formats.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

--
bt

Michael Meissner

Ed Ruf <EG*nospam*(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On 07 Sep 2003 18:52:40 GMT, in rec.photo.digital (E-Mail Removed)
> (PEmpson181) wrote:
>
> >I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on my
> >computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.
> >Is there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD
> >but this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and
> >some don't.

> Most all, if not every DVD player can play VCDs. See
> http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

Not every DVD player can read VCDs. One of my DVDs (3 year old Sony) can read
VCDs, but can't read CDs burned by consumer CD burners (it will handle
commerical VCDs if you can still buy any). The other one (Phillips DVD writer)
doesn't have VCD support listed in the features.

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)

Bob Kelly

"PEmpson181" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on

my
> computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.

Is
> there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD

but
> this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and

some
> don't.
>
> Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
> apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.
>
> Does anyone make such a device?
>
> Pat

Try this link. I think this is close to what your looking for.

http://www.1888camcorder.com/photmemcarto.html

bt

M. Souris

Look up Digital Photo Viewer or Digital Photo Player. One is made by
Lexar, and the other by Sandisk. Allows you to show images on TV
from a flash card; it's probably what you want.

On 07 Sep 2003 21:30:14 -0400, Michael Meissner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ed Ruf <EG*nospam*(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> On 07 Sep 2003 18:52:40 GMT, in rec.photo.digital (E-Mail Removed)
>> (PEmpson181) wrote:
>>
>> >I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on my
>> >computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.
>> >Is there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD
>> >but this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and
>> >some don't.

>> Most all, if not every DVD player can play VCDs. See
>> http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

>Not every DVD player can read VCDs. One of my DVDs (3 year old Sony) can read
>VCDs, but can't read CDs burned by consumer CD burners (it will handle
>commerical VCDs if you can still buy any). The other one (Phillips DVD writer)
>doesn't have VCD support listed in the features.

Jack Mac

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:11:22 GMT, M. Souris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Look up Digital Photo Viewer or Digital Photo Player. One is made by
>Lexar, and the other by Sandisk. Allows you to show images on TV
>from a flash card; it's probably what you want.

I looked at the Sandisk unit at BestBuys yesterday... $79.99. I thought
it was rather pricey so didn't buy it...... may change my mind!

Jack Mac

>On 07 Sep 2003 21:30:14 -0400, Michael Meissner
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Ed Ruf <EG*nospam*(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>>> Most all, if not every DVD player can play VCDs. See
>>> http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

>>Not every DVD player can read VCDs. One of my DVDs (3 year old Sony) can read
>>VCDs, but can't read CDs burned by consumer CD burners (it will handle
>>commerical VCDs if you can still buy any). The other one (Phillips DVD writer)
>>doesn't have VCD support listed in the features.

Jerry Dycus

I have 3 brand new ones in stock for $49.99 ea. Dazzle TV Photo Show
with wireless remote.Accepts Compact Flash I & II, Smart Media, and
IBM Micro Drive. Call me at 1-704-487-9057