Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Re: CGI Script help

Re: CGI Script help

Jürgen Exner

santhakumar wrote:
> Hi Perl gurus,

^^^^

> I have a cgi script that displays a drop down list and let users to
> select one customer from the list as part of a web form. Ex:

I do not think so. I think you rather have a CGI script which prints some
HTML code which in turn is being picked up by a web server which in turn is
being send to a client which in turn displays the HTML code in a browser.

While this may seem like nitpicking it is actually quite important.
You Perl script does not display anything and it does not let the user
select anything. It is the generated HTML code that controls all of that.

> Now I have to let the user to select one customer or multiple
> customers. There is Oracle database behind the form. I can look after
> the updates to the table but I don't know how could I let the user to
> select multiple customers.

Find out what HTML code is needed to achive that.
As far as Perl is concerned you then just print that HTML code.

jue

santhakumar

My friend,

I didn't post the whole code (100 lines). I just pasted the relevent
part. If you want to help please do so, if you want more information
please do so.

Thanks for help ( I had enough from your list - I will nerver come
here)