Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus C-750 and slide copying

Olympus C-750 and slide copying

Eric J. Comeau

Hi guys, I am looking for a good digital camera and the one that impress me
the most is the C-750 but it does not have enough macro focus to copy
slides. I have some slides and negatives that I want to copy using a
digital camera, not a scanner. I don't have enough to buy a scanner and too
many to have them done. I had picked up some other phamplets and noticed
that some of the other Olympus have a macro attachment. Is there one
available for the C-750 and what are the results like. I am going to be
away for a week or two so can you reply to me directly.

Thank you
Eric J. Comeau

J. Keith Carter

Hi Eric; My C-750 will focus in super macro to 1.2 inches or 3 cm. That's a
little better than 1 to 1. how close do you want to go? Don't go by the Olympus
data sheet on their web site. Look at the manual or visit a dealer. Great
camera. Keith. P.S. Let me know what you are going to use for the slide copier.
k.
"Eric J. Comeau" wrote:

> Hi guys, I am looking for a good digital camera and the one that impress me
> the most is the C-750 but it does not have enough macro focus to copy
> slides. I have some slides and negatives that I want to copy using a
> digital camera, not a scanner. I don't have enough to buy a scanner and too
> many to have them done. I had picked up some other phamplets and noticed
> that some of the other Olympus have a macro attachment. Is there one
> available for the C-750 and what are the results like. I am going to be
> away for a week or two so can you reply to me directly.
>
> Thank you
> Eric J. Comeau
> (E-Mail Removed)

Rich

it focuses pretty bloody close - check out my close ups on the site....

www.digitalmood.co.uk

Rich

"J. Keith Carter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Eric; My C-750 will focus in super macro to 1.2 inches or 3 cm. That's

> little better than 1 to 1. how close do you want to go? Don't go by the

Olympus
> data sheet on their web site. Look at the manual or visit a dealer. Great
> camera. Keith. P.S. Let me know what you are going to use for the slide

copier.
> k.
> "Eric J. Comeau" wrote:
>
> > Hi guys, I am looking for a good digital camera and the one that impress

me
> > the most is the C-750 but it does not have enough macro focus to copy
> > slides. I have some slides and negatives that I want to copy using a
> > digital camera, not a scanner. I don't have enough to buy a scanner and

too
> > many to have them done. I had picked up some other phamplets and

noticed
> > that some of the other Olympus have a macro attachment. Is there one
> > available for the C-750 and what are the results like. I am going to be
> > away for a week or two so can you reply to me directly.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Eric J. Comeau
> > (E-Mail Removed)

Mikel

Hi

I own a Olympus c750 and I am also interested to copy slides. There is
an Olympus accesory to do it, but it does not fit to the 750. Using
the super macro is possible to copy them? How? Anybody there to
describe it?

I have heard about home made copiers using the camera, but nobody
explains how to do it.

Buying a slides copier scanner is not a solution for me as I already
spent a lot of money with the camera, and I would like to find a
cheaper, practical method.

Thanks

Mikel