Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Good camera shops in Central London

Good camera shops in Central London

Myles

Any suggestions for digital camera shops with competitive prices ---
in or near central London ?
Myles

(Remove 123 from email address)

Val Sharp

Myles, on 07/09/03 12:19, wrote:

> Any suggestions for digital camera shops with competitive prices ---
> in or near central London ?

Jessops is an excellent shop, and the last I heard, they were still
'price matching' with reputable internet sites, so you can get the
best of both worlds ... competitive prices and good customer service
from a real shop.

When I bought my A40 last year, it was out of stock in Jessops. So,
armed with my printouts of prices from internet sites, I tried the
local Canon dealer, and he readily price-matched too. It doesn't hurt
to ask.

--
Regards,
Val Sharp - Edinburgh

Myles

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 12:58:38 +0100, Val Sharp <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Myles, on 07/09/03 12:19, wrote:
>

>> Any suggestions for digital camera shops with competitive prices ---
>> in or near central London ?

>Jessops is an excellent shop, and the last I heard, they were still
>'price matching' with reputable internet sites, so you can get the
>best of both worlds ... competitive prices and good customer service
>from a real shop.
>
>When I bought my A40 last year, it was out of stock in Jessops. So,
>armed with my printouts of prices from internet sites, I tried the
>local Canon dealer, and he readily price-matched too. It doesn't hurt
>to ask.
>

>--
>Regards,
>Val Sharp - Edinburgh
> Photo Galleries ... <www.pbase.com/valsharp>
> A40 Information ... <www.valsphotography.co.uk/information>

Thanks. I had heard that Jessops no longer price matches the web. But
it's still a good shop.
Myles (Glasgow ( )
Myles

(Remove 123 from email address)

Bernhard Mayer

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Myles) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Any suggestions for digital camera shops with competitive prices ---
> in or near central London ?
> Myles

my favorite camera shops in London are near Holborn Tube station:

Jessops on Oxford Street a few steps before it becomes Holborn
Jacobs, right opposite of Jessops
York camera opposite of the British museum for Canon users

http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/ for Nikon friends

and of course there is loads on Tottenham court road if you're into
consumer level cameras rather than SLR