Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: How does CCI stay in buisness???

Re: How does CCI stay in buisness???

jriegle

That's a good question! Some of those sham shops have been in business since
the 70s or 60s. many have changed their name and popped up again. My
question is why are they allowed to stay in business?

I do know that many have bit the dust. In the late 90's, one called 47st
Photo closed up (or was it a name change?).

John

"Hugo Drax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjd7d7$i7frs$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Typically a buisness with good word of mouth sells more and stays in
> buisness for years and those with a bad reputation will sink as customers
> avoid them. so how does CCI break such a standard and how come They do not
> suffer the wrath of lawsuits to the ground in an era where spilling coffee
> gets you a multimillion settlement.
>
> --
> my pictures
> www.pbase.com/hugodrax

Tom Scales

Unfortunately, they were, at least in the 70s, one of the GOOD ones. Sort of
the B&H of their time. I bought my original OM-1 and OM-2 there, mail
order.

Tom
"jriegle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sxr6b.128599$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's a good question! Some of those sham shops have been in business

since
> the 70s or 60s. many have changed their name and popped up again. My
> question is why are they allowed to stay in business?
>
> I do know that many have bit the dust. In the late 90's, one called 47st
> Photo closed up (or was it a name change?).
>
> John

Tony Spadaro

47 Street was, in the late 60s, the place people recommended. Adorama
didn't exist and B&H was running one page ads back then. CCI, AAA, Focus,
and Cambridge were the well known rip offs at that time - but 47th St was
considered to be first rate. I made a couple small orders from them and
never had anything to complain about, but it was more like rolls of film and
boxes of enlarging paper than anythign big ticket.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"jriegle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sxr6b.128599$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's a good question! Some of those sham shops have been in business

since
> the 70s or 60s. many have changed their name and popped up again. My
> question is why are they allowed to stay in business?
>
> I do know that many have bit the dust. In the late 90's, one called 47st
> Photo closed up (or was it a name change?).
>
> John
>
> "Hugo Drax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bjd7d7$i7frs$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Typically a buisness with good word of mouth sells more and stays in
> > buisness for years and those with a bad reputation will sink as

customers
> > avoid them. so how does CCI break such a standard and how come They do

not
> > suffer the wrath of lawsuits to the ground in an era where spilling

coffee
> > gets you a multimillion settlement.
> >
> > --
> > my pictures
> > www.pbase.com/hugodrax

BLueCoBra

> I do know that many have bit the dust. In the late 90's, one called 47st
> Photo closed up (or was it a name change?).
>
> John

I've never been to the brick and mortar store but there's a 47st Photo store
on eBay, dunno if its the same company?
Here's a link to their eBay store:
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=16658448

Says they've been selling on eBay since May 30, 2000.
my 2

BLueCoBra

Andrew Koenig

> I've never been to the brick and mortar store but there's a 47st
> Photo store on eBay, dunno if its the same company?

It's not. The original 47th Street Photo (which was a first-rate store)
went bankrupt, and someone else bought the name.

--
Andrew Koenig, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)