Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Coolscan III Died

Coolscan III Died

Adam E. Ek

I've had a Nikon Coolscan III (aka LS-30) for about four years. I've
scanned about 2000 pictures with it.

It just stopped working.

What works:
- It still turns on.
- I get the same blinking light and quiet motor
sounds during startup that I always got.
- The computer hardware sees the scanner. It shows
up in Apple System Profiler.
- The computer software (VueScan) sees the scanner.
- I've disconnected and reconnected all of the
cables. (While everything is powered down of
course

What doesn't work:
- It won't scan.
- When film is put into either of the motorized
drives I have (35mm negative strip loader,
APS film loader), the drive does nothing. It
will not load the film.

Help!!!

--
Adam Ek

Adam E. Ek

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)xnxnxnx (FOR7b) wrote:
> >What doesn't work:
> >- It won't scan.
> >- When film is put into either of the motorized
> > drives I have (35mm negative strip loader,
> > APS film loader), the drive does nothing. It
> > will not load the film.
> >
> >Help!!!
> >
> >--
> >Adam Ek
> >(E-Mail Removed)

> I hope you have better luck with Nikon than I've been having with Canon. Give
> them a ring and send it in for an estimate. If the estimate is more than the
> price of a used one then just buy a used one lite on use. Or this could be an
> excuse to get a higher spec scanner. I don't recommend any Canons! God forbid
> you may need it serviced.
>

> (E-Mail Removed)

Or just getting rid of it. I switched over to a digital camera in
January. I rarely use the CoolScan now.

--
Adam Ek
(E-Mail Removed)