Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > One year on ...

One year on ...

Val Sharp

As a complete beginner, with a Canon A40 this time last year, some of
you may have seen my 2002 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks photos at
<http://www.pbase.com/valsharp/fireworks_02>

One year on, and this time with with an Oly2100, the 2003 Edinburgh
Festival Fireworks at <http://www.pbase.com/valsharp/fireworks03>

Gained something, but I wonder if I lost something too ... (apart from
my innocence after joining this group, that is

--
Regards,
Val Sharp - Edinburgh

FOR7b

>As a complete beginner, with a Canon A40 this time last year, some of
>you may have seen my 2002 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks photos at
><http://www.pbase.com/valsharp/fireworks_02>
>

>One year on, and this time with with an Oly2100, the 2003 Edinburgh
>Festival Fireworks at <http://www.pbase.com/valsharp/fireworks03>
>

>Gained something, but I wonder if I lost something too ... (apart from
>my innocence after joining this group, that is
>

>--
>Regards,
>Val Sharp - Edinburgh

Good job Val! Trying to recall the particular Canon model you have I would say
that is definitely maxing out the capabilities of the camera.
The only fireworks pic I can share is a non digital done with a Canon Elan IIe
but scanned on a Minolta Scan Dual fim scanner. The shot is four frames taken
at a beach here in California using the camera's multiple exposure capabilites
and electronic release for each opening and closing of the shutter.

Thanks for sharing.

FOR7b

>>As a complete beginner, with a Canon A40 this time last year, some of
>>you may have seen my 2002 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks photos at
>><http://www.pbase.com/valsharp/fireworks_02>
>>

>>One year on, and this time with with an Oly2100, the 2003 Edinburgh
>>Festival Fireworks at <http://www.pbase.com/valsharp/fireworks03>
>>

>>Gained something, but I wonder if I lost something too ... (apart from
>>my innocence after joining this group, that is
>>

>>--
>>Regards,
>>Val Sharp - Edinburgh

>Good job Val! Trying to recall the particular Canon model you have I would
>say
>that is definitely maxing out the capabilities of the camera.
>The only fireworks pic I can share is a non digital done with a Canon Elan
>IIe
>but scanned on a Minolta Scan Dual fim scanner. The shot is four frames taken
>at a beach here in California using the camera's multiple exposure
>capabilites
>and electronic release for each opening and closing of the shutter.
>
>Thanks for sharing.
>

>(E-Mail Removed)

Sorry, forgot the link http://members.aol.com/for7b/fwlajolla.htm

(E-Mail Removed)

Val Sharp

FOR7b, on 06/09/03 12:06, wrote:

>> Good job Val! Trying to recall the particular Canon model you have I would
>> say that is definitely maxing out the capabilities of the camera.

Thanks BTW, you did notice that my second set of fireworks was
with the Olympus 2100? - though it might have been interesting to have
tried a few shots with the A40 again this year just to compare.

>> The only fireworks pic I can share is a non digital done with a Canon Elan
>> IIe but scanned on a Minolta Scan Dual fim scanner. The shot is four frames taken
>> at a beach here in California using the camera's multiple exposure
>> capabilites and electronic release for each opening and closing of the shutter.

> Sorry, forgot the link http://members.aol.com/for7b/fwlajolla.htm

Those are definitely rather nice! - like oriental designs of flowers
on silk

--
Regards,
Val

2 year AAS degree (w/certs) vs. 4 year CIS degree smolderingwick Microsoft Certification 0 02-06-2011 04:44 PM
OT:One year ago today CBIC MCSE 6 07-28-2005 03:29 AM
Week of year to full Year Otuatail HTML 4 12-08-2003 07:50 PM
getYear() returns correct year local, but wrong year online Veerle Javascript 2 08-20-2003 06:37 PM

Advertisments