Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Cheap underwater housing for digital camcorders?

Cheap underwater housing for digital camcorders?

Daniel

Every maker of digital cameras make their own cheap underwater housing

for the digital cameras, but why not for their camcorders too? I can't find
any.

What is the cheapest underwater housing + miniDV camcorder?

/Daniel

Phil Stripling

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> What is the cheapest underwater housing + miniDV camcorder?

Check Ewa Marine.

Ed Ruf

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 21:41:53 +0200, in rec.photo.digital "Daniel"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Every maker of digital cameras make their own cheap underwater housing
>
>for the digital cameras, but why not for their camcorders too? I can't find
>any.
>
>What is the cheapest underwater housing + miniDV camcorder?

If 10m max depth is ok, EWA-Marine.
http://www.ewa-marine.com/English/e-start-video.htm
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Daniel

> >What is the cheapest underwater housing + miniDV camcorder?
>
> If 10m max depth is ok, EWA-Marine.
> http://www.ewa-marine.com/English/e-start-video.htm

Thanks, good suggestion. Any experience with these "splashbas"?
Unfortunately I don't think 10m is enough, any other suggestions?

/Daniel

Jeff the Dentist

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> WROTE:

>What is the cheapest underwater housing + miniDV camcorder?

A one gallon size Glad Bag, but I wouldn't want to use the cheapest parachute
either

Jeff