Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Epson Inks vs. Third Party

Epson Inks vs. Third Party

Bruce MacNeil

Hello -

Does anyone have any comments/experience or insight into the Epson vs.
Non-Epson inks?

Bruce

Tony Spadaro

Over the years I've heard a lot of horror stories about cheap inks and
cartridge refilling methods.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Bruce MacNeil" <bruce@no_spambrucemacneil.com> wrote in message
news:Ks36b.22673$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hello -
>
> Does anyone have any comments/experience or insight into the Epson vs.
> Non-Epson inks?
>
> Bruce

Bill Hilton

>From: "Bruce MacNeil" bruce@no_spambrucemacneil.com

>Does anyone have any comments/experience or insight into the Epson vs.
>Non-Epson inks?

Marvin M. gave us this link to a PCWorld article on that very question ...
interesting reading. Basically the replacement inks tested were more prone to
clogging, had a range of print quality from poor to equivalent to Epson inks,
and had very poor print life longevity estimates.

Frankhartx

>rom: "Tony Spadaro" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

> Over the years I've heard a lot of horror stories about cheap inks and
>cartridge refilling methods.

There are quite a few substitutes out there, trouble is there is little
available as to the quality--oh they all say they are good but some of them
lie--there are some of reputed high quality like Lyson but those are just or
more expensive than Epson. I won't risk using other inkls unless I can havbe
some asurance that they are truly comparable to Epson/

Dean Wittke

I guess it depends what your end purpose is. I'm assuming it's for photos
(duh) and I do have to say I have had good results, but would never use
generics for professional/commercial sales.

I have an Epson 880, and buy the $1 black and $2 color on Ebay, and for
general purpose work (kids homework, web pages, image drafts) they are
great.

For printing photos on photo paper, they do a decent job, but like I said
for any real photo printing I would probably have a separate photo printer
using high end print cartridges.

"Bruce MacNeil" <bruce@no_spambrucemacneil.com> wrote in message
news:Ks36b.22673$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hello -
>
> Does anyone have any comments/experience or insight into the Epson vs.
> Non-Epson inks?
>
> Bruce

Nod

Hi there. I use Jet Tec Inks in my Epson 1280 and they are brilliant. About
a third of the price of Epson too, so I'm very happy.

Andrew.