Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > how can i automate this?

how can i automate this?

Someone

there's a korn shell script that i would like to wrap a perl script
around to automate it, as a task i need to do always chooses the same
options from this script (it's menu driven). can i somehow redirect
my perl scripts stdout to print to this scripts stdin? does that make
sense? thanks.

sean rowe

Jürgen Exner

Someone wrote:
> there's a korn shell script that i would like to wrap a perl script
> around to automate it, as a task i need to do always chooses the same
> options from this script (it's menu driven). can i somehow redirect
> my perl scripts stdout to print to this scripts stdin? does that make
> sense? thanks.

Please see "perldoc -f open" and the there check out the "|--" mode.
However, you may be better of using the Expect module.

jue