Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: DUCK! IT'S THE D60 !!!

Re: DUCK! IT'S THE D60 !!!

Annika1980

>From: "FocusClick" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot away.

Think about what you just wrote!

Here's a hint: Bye-Bye Blue Sky !

Steven C \(Doktersteve\)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "FocusClick" (E-Mail Removed)

> >Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot away.

> Think about what you just wrote!
>
> Here's a hint: Bye-Bye Blue Sky !

No anni, you are incorrect. i have taken plenty of shots with a fill flash
and had the sky keep its color, no problem.

Annika1980

>From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)" (E-Mail Removed)

>> >Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot away.

>> Think about what you just wrote!
>>
>> Here's a hint: Bye-Bye Blue Sky

>No anni, you are incorrect. i have taken plenty of shots with a fill flash
>and had the sky keep its color, no problem.

Fill flash? Who is talking about fill flash?
What part of "Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot away." are
you having problems with?

Steven C \(Doktersteve\)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)" (E-Mail Removed)

> >> Think about what you just wrote!
> >>
> >> Here's a hint: Bye-Bye Blue Sky

> >No anni, you are incorrect. i have taken plenty of shots with a fill

flash
> >and had the sky keep its color, no problem.
> >

> Fill flash? Who is talking about fill flash?
> What part of "Meter on the blue sky, open up a stop or two and shoot

away." are
> you having problems with?

No, i understood what you were saying. I am adding another technique which
can be used to brighten up the subject and keep the sky nice and blue.
I am talking about flash because FocusClick also mentioned it, and he and i
are both correct in adding that if you were to use a flash it would keep the
sky blue, brighten up the birds, and give you the result on one shot, which
you claim is not possible.

Steven

Annika1980

>From: "Steven C \(Doktersteve\)" (E-Mail Removed)

>> Fill flash? Who is talking about fill flash?

>No, i understood what you were saying. I am adding another technique which
>can be used to brighten up the subject and keep the sky nice and blue.
>I am talking about flash because FocusClick also mentioned it, and he and i
>are both correct in adding that if you were to use a flash it would keep the
>sky blue, brighten up the birds, and give you the result on one shot, which
>you claim is not possible.

And if this frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass a-hoppin.

http://members.aol.com/annika1980/froggy.jpg

Mike Graham

In article <pWT5b.50880$(E-Mail Removed)>, Steven C (Doktersteve) wrote:

> are both correct in adding that if you were to use a flash it would keep the
> sky blue, brighten up the birds, and give you the result on one shot, which
> you claim is not possible.

The birds in question would have to be reasonably close though, yes?

(E-Mail Removed) |

<http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>

George Kerby

On 9/5/03 5:07 AM, in article (E-Mail Removed),
"Mike Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <pWT5b.50880$(E-Mail Removed)>, Steven C
> (Doktersteve) wrote:
>
>> are both correct in adding that if you were to use a flash it would keep the
>> sky blue, brighten up the birds, and give you the result on one shot, which
>> you claim is not possible.

> The birds in question would have to be reasonably close though, yes?

Yes, and it could be the reflection of a lightly shaded area on the ground
that is in bright sunlight (concrete, sand, etc.) while the geese seem to be
in filtered sunlight. Like I told Anni before, the picture is no big deal, a
grab shot. He helped with his RAW techniques and admittedly, this is an area
where digital excels, but it CAN be done with film given the right
conditions.