Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus C50 & Email

Olympus C50 & Email

Joe

I just bought a new digital camera, a Olympus C50 5.0 mg. My question is what resize do I set the pictures at while sending email. I tried to send some to my other family members and they all responded "pictures to big could not receive or get." I have Microsoft Picture it 7.0, and Camedia Master Pro 4.0, as well as ACDsee. Is there some other program I should be using? Or is there a program already in Windows 98 SE that will do this for me? Thank you.

Joe.

Norm

Irfanview comes to mind and it's free at irfanview.com.
"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:mdy5b.26061$S_.24462@fed1read01...
I just bought a new digital camera, a Olympus C50 5.0 mg. My question is what resize do I set the pictures at while sending email. I tried to send some to my other family members and they all responded "pictures to big could not receive or get." I have Microsoft Picture it 7.0, and Camedia Master Pro 4.0, as well as ACDsee. Is there some other program I should be using? Or is there a program already in Windows 98 SE that will do this for me? Thank you.

Joe.

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <mdy5b.26061$S_.24462@fed1read01>,
"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just bought a new digital camera, a Olympus C50 5.0 mg. My question is what
> resize do I set the pictures at while sending email. I tried to send some to
> my other family members and they all responded "pictures to big could not
> receive or get." I have Microsoft Picture it 7.0, and Camedia Master Pro 4.0,
> as well as ACDsee. Is there some other program I should be using? Or is there
> a program already in Windows 98 SE that will do this for me? Thank you.
>
> Joe.

Play with different dimensions and JPEG compression levels. E-mail is
very inefficient for large messages so try to keep it under 100KB. Even
that might still make some complaints. A web page is a better place for
large images. E-mail the URL.

Like this:
http://www.pixelmemory.us/Photos/Nerd/Propane/15.jpg

Burnell Stover

I use Paintshop Pro to resize pictures for emailing. Any photo editing program will do that. Should be around 600x400, or even smaller. Save under different name to preserve original.

"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:mdy5b.26061$S_.24462@fed1read01...
I just bought a new digital camera, a Olympus C50 5.0 mg. My question is what resize do I set the pictures at while sending email. I tried to send some to my other family members and they all responded "pictures to big could not receive or get." I have Microsoft Picture it 7.0, and Camedia Master Pro 4.0, as well as ACDsee. Is there some other program I should be using? Or is there a program already in Windows 98 SE that will do this for me? Thank you.

Joe.

JK

600x400? UGH! I hate when people e-mail me images that are less than
1024x768. One can get 1024x768 images that are around 100K or less
by using moderate compression. Most people with modern computers have
their displays set at 1024x768 or higher.

Olympus C50 Louise Digital Photography 0 08-15-2004 02:50 PM
Olympus C50 Wingman Digital Photography 2 10-07-2003 01:36 AM
Olympus 5.0 C50 Question? Joe Digital Photography 3 08-29-2003 06:35 PM
Help! Error message d: 1E12 in Olympus C50 zoom! How can i fix it??? robert Digital Photography 0 08-13-2003 10:34 AM
Re: Help please on an Olympus C50 Ron Olsen Digital Photography 2 08-07-2003 06:04 PM

Advertisments