Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hewlett Packard S20: Roller Streaks and Dust/Spot Removal

Hewlett Packard S20: Roller Streaks and Dust/Spot Removal

Larry R Harrison Jr

I have posted numerous times with this scanner today. Sorry about that.

Yet ANOTHER problem has surfaced. When scanning negatives, all of a sudden
it leaves a streak right around the top 1/3 horizontally all the way down.
It JUST started this.

I looked in the newsgroups in Google and found NOTHING about this issue
anywhere.

Tips?

LRH

Larry R Harrison Jr

"Lionel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is the streak in the direction that the scanning head moves in, ie; does
> it run down the full length of the scanner body, or is it across the
> width?
>
> Is the streak opaque, or partially transparent?
>
> Is the streak darker or lighter than the area around it?
>
> Is the streak straight as a ruler, or does it waver back & forth?

It runs straight down all the way, horizontally.

A posting at HP's website and a call to them both confirmed the
solution--recalibrate the scanner. Problem solved.

Lionel

Word has it that on Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:43:25 -0700, in this august
forum, "Larry R Harrison Jr" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>It runs straight down all the way, horizontally.
>
>A posting at HP's website and a call to them both confirmed the
>solution--recalibrate the scanner. Problem solved.

Cool. And in case they didn't mention it to you, the reason it happened
was that you powered up the scanner while something (probably the last
thing you scanned) was partially blocking the calibration strip.